Patrick qualified as a solicitor in 2017 and was promoted to Associate in our employment team in 2020. He is known for providing succinct and pragmatic advice to clients on a broad spectrum of employment and HR matters. Patrick is described by the legal directory, the Legal 500 as “personable, responsive, knowledgeable and reassuring”.
On a daily basis, Patrick advises on various contentious and non-contentious employment issues, from day-to-day HR matters to more complicated restructuring and redundancy projects. He advises a range of clients, from small family-owned businesses to individual senior executives and large multi-national companies.
Patrick prides himself on offering clear advice, with an emphasis on finding strategic and commercial solutions for his clients.
Expertise and Past Cases
Patrick’s recent matters include:
- Advising on a redundancy exercise for a large multi-national private sector company;
- Supporting various corporate acquisitions and mergers;
- Assisting a range of employers on difficult employee management issues, such as long-term ill health cases and complicated disciplinary and grievance processes;
- Settlement agreements and employee exits, including complex shareholder dispute situations;
- Drafting/assessing HR documents, including bonus and commission schemes, tailored employment contracts, policies and business protections;
- Advising on restrictive covenants from the perspective of both employee and employer;
- Delivering training for clients; and
- Representing both employers and employees in the Employment Tribunal on unfair dismissal and discrimination cases.