Andrew qualified as a solicitor in 1997. Prior to joining Myerson in May 2012, Andrew worked at major national and regional firms.
Before studying law, Andrew attended King’s College School in Wimbledon, obtained a BA Hons in Geography (University of Manchester) and an MA in Southern African Studies (University of York).
Expertise and Past Cases
Since qualification, Andrew has specialised in corporate and commercial work and routinely advises clients in the following areas:
mergers and acquisitions (including cross border transactions involving multiple jurisdictions);
joint ventures, equity investment, university spin-outs and business start-ups (including shareholder arrangements);
share options, share buy-backs, share issues and transfers, company secretarial and dividends;
business or group restructuring/reorganisation;
commercial lending (security, priority, funding arrangements and guarantees);
commercial agency arrangements (acting for principals and agents);
partnership issues (including normal trading partnerships, farming partnerships, limited liability partnerships and limited partnerships);
franchising and franchise re-sales (acting both franchisors and franchisees). Myerson Solicitors LLP is affiliated to the British Franchise Association (BFA) and Andrew is an accredited individual with the BFA;
distribution, supply of goods and services, licensing, terms of trade and a variety of bespoke trading contracts;
intellectual property licensing and assignment.
Andrew acts for businesses in a variety of sectors, from large nationally and regionally based organisations, established small and medium sized businesses and entrepreneurs starting new businesses.
Recent transactions have included:
- Acting for MGH Bowen Limited in connection with an investment by Breedon Aggregates England Limited into H.V. Bowen & Sons (Holdings) Limited which operates a grit stone quarry at Tan-y-Foel, Powys;
- Advising in connection with the sale of a significant and high value collection of Batman toys;
- Advising Fairhome Property Group PLC regarding the sale of multiple supported living SPV Companies and the purchase of other care home businesses;
- Advising Evans Textiles (Sales) Limited in relation to the acquisition of Bridstock Gate Limited;
- Advising a manufacturer of DIY products and separately a clothing distributor in connection with distribution and commercial agency arrangements;
- Advising Randall Roberts Consultancy Limited regarding the acquisition of Cash Converters franchises.