Call +44(0)161 941 4000
Call +44(0)161 941 4000
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. If you think that something has gone wrong, then we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our service and standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact Tamsin Lloyd, our Client Care Manager, on 0161 941 4000 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide, in writing to Tamsin, full details of your complaint and how you would like it to be resolved.
What will happen next?
1. Within two days of receipt of your complaint, we will record your complaint in our central register and open a file for your complaint.
2. Within five days of receipt of your complaint, we will acknowledge your complaint in writing. We will let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint.
3. We will then start to investigate your complaint. In most cases, we expect to be able to complete our investigation within four weeks of receiving your complaint, however, in some circumstances, it may take longer. Our investigations will involve discussing the matter with the member(s) of staff who have acted for you and considering the file and any other relevant papers. We may ask you for more information.
4. Within four weeks of receiving your complaint, we will write to you. If we have completed our investigation our letter will tell you about our decision. If we need more information from you, our letter will ask you for further details. If we think that a meeting will help to discuss your complaint, and hopefully resolve it, we will suggest that you meet with our Client Care Manager.
5. If we suggest a meeting and you do not want to meet, or it is not possible to meet, we will send you our reply within six weeks of receiving your complaint.
6. At this stage, if you are not satisfied with our decision in the matter, you can contact us again. We will then arrange to review our decision. This will happen in one of the following ways:
6.1 our Client Care Manager will review her own decision within ten days from the date you contact us; or
6.2 we will arrange for someone in the firm who has not been involved in your complaint to review it. They will also review the decision within ten days from the date you contact us.
7. We will let you know the result of the review within two weeks from the date we have completed our review. At this time, we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
The Legal Ombudsman
If we are unable to help, or you are unhappy with our response, you have the right to send your complaint for an independent review to the Legal Ombudsman, who can investigate complaints up to 6 years from the date of a problem occurring, or up to three years from the date you found out about the problem.
If you wish to refer your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman this must be done within six months of our final response to your complaint.
The contact details for the Legal Ombudsman are as follows:
Address: PO Box 6806 Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ
Telephone: 0300 555 0333