- Tax and Succession Planning Services
- Family Business Succession Planning
- UK Tax Planning
- International Tax Planning
- Farms, Landed Estates and Rural Businesses
- Succession Planning - Help and Advice
- Why Choose Myerson for Tax and Estate Planning?
- Meet Our Tax and Succession Planning Lawyers
- Contact Myerson Solicitors
- Latest Myerson News
Tax and Succession Planning Services
You may be concerned about how your family wealth will be distributed to future generations when you die. Effective inheritance tax and succession planning can help individuals and families pass on their wealth, including property assets, in an organised manner.
Our succession and inheritance tax planning clients include affluent individuals, families, landowners, business owners, entrepreneurs, and those with interests in the United Kingdom and internationally. At Myerson, we are experts in protecting your private wealth and assets, whether in the UK or overseas.
Bik-ki Wong, Head of our Private Client team, has been recognised as one of the top influential private wealth law lawyers in Manchester 2023 by Business Today, and as one of the best probate and wills lawyers for high-net-worth individuals in the UK in 2023 by Spear's.
Our tax and succession planning team can help with the following:
Family Business Succession Planning
Effective succession planning is more than just creating an updated Will; for clients with large and complex estates, you can make trust structures or family investment companies to help protect your wealth for the next generation.
Succession planning can ensure your children, grandchildren, and any other individuals with whom you have long-term relationships benefit from your estate when you pass away.
Myerson's team of expert succession planning solicitors can help individuals ensure their family members are included in future plans.
Benefits of succession planning include:
- Help manage family expectations of what they will inherit.
- Help the next generations manage a large inheritance.
- Minimise inheritance tax on your assets.
- Understand how to handle international assets.
- Decide who will control your business.
- Set aside a portion of your wealth for charity.
- Plan for unforeseen circumstances, such as the loss of mental capacity.
- Appoint chosen professionals to manage your assets and business interests.
UK Tax Planning
Our inheritance tax planning solicitors have experience advising clients based in the United Kingdom on effective planning options.
With extensive knowledge of all aspects of UK taxation, our team of tax planning and succession solicitors can support families by helping them improve their tax efficiency.
Planning for the taxation of your estate can help families avoid multiple or double taxation when it comes to inheritance tax.
Our comprehensive wealth lawyers help you become tax efficient by ensuring you maximise your agricultural property relief (APR), business property relief (BPR) or entrepreneurs' relief.
International Tax Planning
Individuals with assets abroad will face international tax laws that differ from the taxation laws in the UK.
Our team of international tax solicitors have years of experience helping individuals with international estates.
We will help individuals and families remain tax efficient whilst ensuring they comply with complex international tax regulations.
Myerson is also the Manchester and Cheshire law firm member for the MSI Global Alliance. As tax planning can involve an international element, we can call upon the expertise and knowledge of our fellow MSI associates.
Our tax planning solicitors work closely with chartered accountants; however, Myerson does not provide financial services or investment advice.
Farms, Landed Estates and Rural Businesses
Myerson's private client solicitors have expertise handling farms, landed estates and rural businesses, and have provided various individuals in the agricultural industry with concise and clear succession planning and inheritance tax advice.
Our private client lawyers are known for providing comprehensive estate and succession planning advice for agricultural farmers, landowners, and their families.
We provide wealth management advice on all fronts, from general tax efficiency (including the use of trusts) to clear legal matters like optimising Stamp Duty relief and adhering to the Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED).
Succession Planning - Help and Advice
Why Choose Myerson for Tax and Estate Planning?
- We have been ranked as a Top Tier law firm by the Legal 500 for the last seven years and recognised as a Top 200 Law Firm in 2022.
- You will have access to experienced inheritance tax lawyers across the Myerson Private Client Group that can help with tax and succession planning issues, business property relief, and outright gifts.
- You will receive city-quality wealth legal advice and commercial services at regional prices.
- Our succession planning inheritance tax solicitors provide a partner-led service to ensure you receive the best wealth legal advice and support.
- Our wealth lawyers understand that it is important for wealthy individuals to manage their wealth to support the next generation of their families.
- Our specialist succession and inheritance tax planning advisors understand that each matter is unique to your circumstances and that you need support from a wealth lawyer experienced in dealing with various clients and types of work.
- Our full-service law firm operates from a one-site office, so our teams communicate effectively and efficiently. Our succession and inheritance tax planning team often consults with our family, contentious trusts, and property teams to provide specialist advice.
- Our succession planning inheritance tax team uses the latest technology to ensure that we are working as efficiently as possible, and that geographical distance does not prevent us from providing excellent legal advice and personal service.
- Look at the Myerson Promise for further benefits of working with us here.
Meet Our Tax and Succession Planning Lawyers
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or City firms. Our specialists are experts in their fields and respected by their peers.
Bik-ki is a Partner and is Head of our Wills, Trusts, and Probate Team
Jane is a Partner and Head of the Family Law Team
Scott is a Partner in our Corporate Team
Contact Myerson Solicitors
Latest Myerson News
The publicity surrounding Guest v Guest has made more families look again at their circumstances and consider taking advice on how they can avoid future disputes and the associated costs. Over the last year, we have seen a significant increase in...Read Blog
The Commercial Agents (Council Directive) Regulations 1993 have provided agents with significant protection since their establishment. On termination of an agency agreement, principals are often required to pay significant termination payments by...Read Blog
It’s tough for most town centres at the moment, and it’s certainly no picnic for the hospitality and leisure industry, either. A lot of effort is required just to keep the lights on and draw in shoppers and customers. Property owners need to be...Read News
Resolution is a group of family law professionals who are committed to promoting a constructive approach to family issues that consider the needs of the whole family. The annual Resolution Awareness Week takes place in the last week of November...Read Blog
Intellectual property ( IP ) has the potential to drive the growth and value for your business by delivering competitive advantages and creating new revenue streams. Understanding what IP your business has and identifying its strategic importance...Read Blog