- Our Inheritance Tax Planning Service
- Our Approach to Inheritance Tax Planning
- Why Work With Our Wills, Trusts, and Probate Team?
- Estate and Inheritance Tax Planning - Advice and Help
- Meet Our Wills, Trusts, and Probate Lawyers
- Contact Myerson Solicitors
- Latest Myerson Wills, Trusts, and Probate News
Our Inheritance Tax Planning Service
Our Inheritance Tax lawyers will consider your whole situation, family as well as financial, taking into account the capital gains tax and income tax implications as well as inheritance tax. We never lose sight of your need to make sure that you yourself have enough to live on and we will give you clear and sensible advice about tax planning opportunities.
Our Inheritance Tax solicitors appreciate that tax planning can be complex and that it can be difficult to take in all the implications in one go. We have plain English guidance notes and are happy to talk matters through with you more than once.
Your dedicated Inheritance Tax lawyer will review your current family and financial circumstances in conjunction with your goals and look at inheritance tax planning opportunities during your lifetime to include gifting either to individuals or into trusts and on death through your Will.
We are aware of other planning by using financial products and can give you impartial advice about the impact of the different products. We cannot advise on the individual products as we are not authorised to do so but we can put you in touch with suitably qualified third parties to assist you.
Our Inheritance Tax solicitors can assist you with utilising the various Inheritance Tax exemptions and direct benefits such as pensions or life policies outside of your estate for Inheritance Tax purposes whilst retaining control of the asset and allowing your family to benefit in the most tax efficient manner.
For tax planning on death, we can advise how to make the most of your exemptions, including
- Agricultural Property Relief
- Business Property Relief
- The Inheritance Tax threshold, for unmarried couples
- The Residence Nil Rate Band, especially where the estate is near £2 million or you intend to leave part of it to beneficiaries who are not your spouse or direct descendants
- The Transferable Inheritance Tax threshold, where one or both party(ies) to the marriage has been widowed previously
We can also advise on the use of trusts both to reduce Inheritance Tax down the generations, and to make sure your assets stay within the family.
Our Approach to Inheritance Tax Planning
We specialise in bespoke estate planning advice and provide a personalised service based on your circumstances and needs.
If you have trusted accountants or financial advisers, we will work in conjunction with them to ensure that your planning is cohesive.
Our team of Solicitors have the additional The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) accreditation.
Why Work With Our Wills, Trusts, and Probate Team?
- We have been ranked as a Top Tier law firm by the Legal 500 for the last seven years, and Myerson is recognised as a Top 200 UK law firm.
- You will have access to Myerson's full Wills, Trusts, and Probate experts; we have a large team capable of meeting your deadlines.
- When dealing with estates, we never forget that we are dealing with a grieving family, so our solicitors are tactile when handling a deceased person's estate.
- Our Wills, Trusts and Probate lawyers understand that estate administration can be complex, particularly when disputes arise.
- Our Wills, Trusts, and Probate solicitors appreciate that every person's circumstances are different, and our clients have different attitudes to tax saving and the distribution of their estates, so we take the time to find the best way to achieve our client’s aims.
- Our holistic approach means we can spot potential tax-saving opportunities the client may need to know. We can also warn where the client's proposals may lead to unexpected tax liabilities.
- You will receive city-quality trusts, wills, and probate advice at regional prices.
- We provide a partner-led service to ensure you receive the best legal advice and commercially minded support.
- Our personal service will prioritise your best interests as we push to fulfil your and your loved one's wishes. We understand the depth of emotion that matters relating to final wishes can hold, so we provide expert advice, support, and understanding.
- Our full-service law firm operates from a one-site office, so our teams communicate effectively and efficiently, sharing their considerable expertise. We may consult with our family law and property law teams to maintain an efficient and complete service.
- Our Wills, Trusts and Probate team works closely with our contested wills solicitors to ensure you get expert legal advice from specialist solicitors.
- We use the latest technology to ensure that we are working as efficiently as possible, and that geographical distance is no bar to us from providing excellent client service.
- Look at the Myerson Promise for further benefits of working with us here.
Estate and Inheritance Tax Planning - Advice and Help
Meet Our Wills, Trusts, and Probate Lawyers
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or City firms. Our wills, trusts, and probate lawyers are experts in their fields and respected by their peers.
Bik-ki is a Partner and is Head of our Wills, Trusts, and Probate Team
Clara is a Partner in our Wills, Trusts, and Probate Team
Laura is a Senior Associate in our Wills, Trusts, and Probate Team
Simon is a Senior Associate in our Wills, Trusts, and Probate Team
Sarah is a Senior Associate in our Wills, Trusts, and Probate Team
Aalia is a Senior Associate within our Wills, Trusts, and Probate Team
Hannah is a Solicitor in our Wills, Trusts, and Probate Team
Carolyn is a Legal PA in our Wills, Trusts, and Probate Team
Contact Myerson Solicitors
Latest Myerson Wills, Trusts, and Probate News
On 18 September 2023, the Powers of Attorney Act received Royal Assent, having been introduced in 2022 and passed through Parliament unopposed. The Act paves the way for changes to how Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPAs) are made and registered in...Read Blog
A trust can be a useful tool to protect your farming assets. A trust can be set up during your lifetime or on death in your Will. It is important to appoint trustees who understand how your farming business is run, ensure they are responsible and...Read Blog
Today, family units are more complex and diverse. It is not unheard of for individuals to have had multiple marriages, meaning modern, blended families are on the rise. When families split, individuals from that family may move away or even lose...Read Blog