Our Family Law Solicitors Service
Our family law solicitors will help you make informed choices in resolving practical issues resulting from a relationship breakdown. We understand the challenges in family law, which is why our dedicated family law lawyers take the time to carefully consider issues in your case.
We understand the stresses caused when a relationship breaks down, which is why we act with care and integrity. We do not fee-build at your expense. We provide experienced family law advice to ensure you achieve the right outcome in accordance with our Promise.
Our family law solicitors work hard to build close relationships with the best counsellors, independent social workers and psychologists, pension advisers and forensic accountants.
As an all-service law firm, we are well-placed to provide comprehensive legal advice to assist clients on all commercial issues, property matters, taxation, and trusts.
Sometimes, family law can involve international issues, and we liaise closely with overseas lawyers (throughout membership with MSI Global) to ensure that your foreign assets are protected.
We also offer litigation funding to those eligible, where possible.
Our team of family lawyers can help you with everything related to family law issues, including:
- Divorce Financial Settlement
- Prenuptial & Post Nuptial Agreements
- Separation Agreement
- Financial Provision for Unmarried Couples
- International Divorce
- Civil Partnership Dissolution
- Cohabitation Agreements
- Domestic Violence Injunctions
- Emergency Financial Injunctions
- Fertility & Surrogacy Law
- LGBTQ+ Solicitors
Why Work With Our Family Team?
- Our specialist family law solicitors are experts in complex, high-value divorce, and family disputes.
- Our family law solicitors are recognised by the Legal 500.
- Our family team are all members of Resolution, the largest organisation of family lawyers in the UK, and are dedicated to dealing with matters in a non-confrontational and constructive way.
- Our team were shortlisted for the family law firm of the year (North) and financial remedies team of the year (National) at the Lexis Nexis Family Law Awards 2022.
- Our team work closely with other departments internally, including property, employment, corporate and commercial lawyers, to ensure that your financial needs are protected comprehensively.
- We provide a partner-led service to ensure you receive the very best legal advice and support for your family law issues.
- We have a large team of expert solicitors and can meet your deadlines.
- We are a full-service law firm operating from a one-site office, which means our teams communicate effectively and efficiently.
- We use the latest technology to ensure that we are working as efficiently. Geographical distance is no bar to us from providing excellent client service.
- We provide regular legal updates via our blogs, social media and local radio appearances.
- Look at the Myerson Promise for further benefits of working with us here.
Meet Our Family Solicitors
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or City firms. Our family lawyers are experts in their fields and respected by their peers.
Jane is a Partner and Head of the Family Law Team
Nichola is a Partner in our Family Law Team
Sarah is a Senior Associate in our Family Law Team
Rachel is an Associate in our Family Law Team
Grace is an Associate in our Family Law Team
Pam is a Senior Legal PA in our Family Law Team
Contact Myerson Solicitors
Latest Myerson Family Law News
Resolution is a group of family law professionals who are committed to promoting a constructive approach to family issues that consider the needs of the whole family. The annual Resolution Awareness Week takes place in the last week of November...Read Blog
The festive period is a time for families to come together. However, child contact arrangements over Christmas can be difficult to navigate for parents who have separated, particularly in reaching an agreement as to who spends time with the...Read Blog
There is a popular misconception that the payer needs to pay spousal maintenance pursuant to a joint lives order until the death, remarriage or cohabitation of his or her ex-spouse. Historically, joint lives orders were made to protect the...Read Blog
The Court will consider a list of factors under section 25 of the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973 when deciding how assets, including any compensation/ damages received, will be decided on divorce. The welfare of any children of the family will be a...Read Blog
The jurisdiction where your divorce takes place can substantially impact your financial settlement. Each jurisdiction has its own set of rules for resolving finances on divorce, and you may end up with vastly different outcomes depending on where...Read Blog