Our Corporate Law Service
Our Top Tier Corporate Lawyers are creative and efficient deal makers and Corporate Law advisors focused on achieving your corporate law and business objectives and goals. Our team of Corporate Lawyers is led by 5 Partners with expertise across various businesses.
Our corporate advisory and corporate deal services are provided to various corporate businesses and enterprises, including SMEs, large owner-managed businesses, public companies, charitable and not-for-profit organisations, EOTs and start-ups.
Our Corporate Lawyers take a can-do and creative approach to getting company and business acquisitions, sales, mergers and fund-raising deals done efficiently and on time with total cost transparency per our Promise.
On the corporate advisory side, our Corporate Solicitors see it as our role to help ensure you have proper corporate structure and governance in place to safeguard shareholder and business relations, undertake corporate investments and business opportunities and mitigate corporate and business risks.
Our Corporate Solicitors can help you and your business with the following:
- Mergers, acquisitions, business purchases and sales
- Shareholder agreements, articles of association and cross options
- Private equity investment and capital raising
- Demergers, re-organisations and restructuring
- Employee share ownership (EOTs/EMIs and other share schemes)
- Buyback of shares / purchase of own shares
- Company Restoration
- Directors’ duties
- Public limited companies and capital markets
- Charity and not-for-profit governance
- Corporate Governance
- Banking & Finance
- Family investment companies
- Joint venture agreements
- LLPs and Partnerships
Why Work With Our Corporate Lawyers?
- We have been ranked as a Top Tier law firm by the Legal 500 for the last seven years.
- You will receive city-quality corporate law advice at regional prices.
- Price transparency - we provide our clients with an estimate at the outset of any piece of work with ongoing updates throughout the matter.
- Our 5 Corporate Partner led service ensures you receive the very best legal advice and commercially minded support.
- We have a large team with experience across a diverse variety of sectors, focused on achieving your objectives and hitting your deadlines.
- We are a full-service law firm operating from a one-site office, which means our teams communicate effectively and efficiently and our Corporate Lawyers can draw on support from other specialist lawyers such as property and employment lawyers.
- Our Corporate Solicitors use the latest technology to ensure that we are working as efficiently as possible and that geographical distance is no bar to us from providing you excellent client service.
- We were the winners of ‘Corporate Team of the Year 2021’ at the Manchester Legal Awards.
- Take a look at the Myerson Promise for further benefits of working with us here.
Our Corporate Expertise
We have a successful track record in advising businesses of all shapes and sizes on a wide range of Corporate and Company issues.
Whether you are looking to expand, develop, dispose of, or invest in a business, our specialist Corporate and Company solicitors can help to get it where you want it to be.
We have a successful track record in advising various corporate businesses and enterprises, including SMEs, large owner-managed businesses, public companies, charitable and not-for-profit organisations, EOTs and start-ups.
You can read our latest press release on how Myerson Support Leading Technology Firm TUV With A New Acquisition.
Our Corporate Approach
Our team of Corporate Solicitors are ranked Top Tier - Tier 1 by the independent Legal 500 directory. Therefore, you can be reassured that you will be provided with the highest quality corporate legal advice.
We provide all our clients with a different legal service to the regional and national firms. We do this by providing the same level of quality advice but on a much more cost-effective basis.
We make sure that our client's needs and expectations, both in relation to costs and their objectives are always the priority.
We are clear in our advice and understand that many of our clients want a common sense, non-jargon approach to their legal support.
In terms of costs, we provide our clients with an estimate at the outset of any potential piece of work. We then provide regular costing update throughout the matter, allowing us to keep our clients informed at every stage. In addition, we are happy to discuss any other pricing models such as fixed fees or retainer arrangements.
Corporate Commercial Team of the Year - Manchester Legal Awards 2021
Our Corporate Commercial Team continues to be recognised for their hard work and expertise, maintaining their “Top Tier” status in the Legal 500 and winning the Manchester Legal Awards Corporate Commercial Team of the Year 2021.
M Akeel Latif, Head of the Corporate Commercial Team, commented, “We are so incredibly proud to be recognised as the Corporate and Commercial Team of the Year at the Manchester Legal Awards 2021. It is a powerful recognition of the dedication and hard work put in by each and every member of the Myerson team, all of whom have committed themselves to the pursuit of excellence in the way we operate and how we serve our Corporate and Commercial clients.
The Manchester Legal Awards is a fantastic way to celebrate the legal profession within the region, and although the awards were held slightly differently this year, it was great to see all the firms come together online.”
Other accolades include The Times Best Law Firms 2023, with the Corporate& Commercial department commended by The Times.
Meet Our Corporate Solicitors
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or City firms. Our corporate solicitors are experts in their fields and respected by their peers.
Mohammed Akeel Latif
Akeel is a Partner and Head of the Corporate Team
Scott is a Partner in our Corporate Team
Andrew is a Partner in our Corporate and Commercial Teams
Chris is a Partner in our Corporate and Commercial Teams
Terry is a Partner in our Corporate and Commercial Teams. Terry is also the Head of the Brexit Team at Myerson
Ryan is a Senior Associate in our Corporate Team
Palma is a Solicitor in our Corporate Team at Myerson.
Simon is an Associate in our Corporate Team
Fran is an Associate in our Corporate Team
Luke is a Solicitor in the Corporate Team
Charlotte is a Solicitor in our Corporate Team
Olivia is an Associate in our Corporate Team
Dionne Elgott is a Trainee Solicitor in our Corporate Team
Megan Powers is a Legal PA in the Corporate and Commercial Teams
Contact Myerson Solicitors
Latest Myerson Corporate Law News
In recent years, there has been an increasing trend of manufacturing businesses being sold due to an unexpected offer by a buyer, often as a trade sale to a competitor, but also in the context of private equity. This can create a dilemma for...Read Blog
A shareholders' agreement and the company's articles of association ( Articles ) are important constitutional documents for a company , particularly where there is more than one shareholder. The documents both serve different purposes and have...Read Blog
Central to any business are its relationships with customers, suppliers, employees, and investors. The day-to-day running, operations, and overall management pivot around these relationships and as such, these relationships have always been at the...Read Blog
Myerson Solicitors is pleased to share the news that their Corporate Team has had its most successful year to date. Throughout the firm's 2022/2023 Financial Year, the Corporate Team has been involved in deals with an aggregate value in excess of...Read News
When appointed to the board of a company, a director has seven general duties codified under the Companies Act 2006 ( Act ) which are legal obligations owed to the company ( Duties ). These Duties are in addition to any obligations owed under the...Read Blog