- Our Intellectual Property Service
- Download the Guide to Intellectual Property Disputes
- Why Choose Our Intellectual Property Solicitors?
- Examples Of Intellectual Property Services
- Meet Our Intellectual Property Solicitors
- Contact Myerson Solicitors
- Latest Myerson Intellectual Property News
Our Intellectual Property Service
“Intellectual property rights” is a phrase used to cover a variety of legal rights which can either arise automatically or be registered in respect of creative works, whether that’s a brand identity, trade mark, know-how or confidential information or artistic/dramatic works.
These intellectual property assets must be protected from potential competitors, so you control how you exploit them. To do this, you will need the advice of specialist intellectual property lawyers to ensure legal recognition and enforcement of the ownership of your IP rights.
Our Intellectual Property Lawyers can advise on all aspects of intellectual property law, such as registering, protecting, and exploiting your IP, putting you in control of how your intellectual property is used.
We welcome the opportunity to review your IP portfolio and discuss your requirements in detail. Our IP lawyers will work with you to compile an intellectual property strategy to protect your IP.
Our Intellectual Property solicitors can help with the following matters:
Why Choose Our Intellectual Property Solicitors?
Our specialist intellectual property team are ranked by the Legal 500 legal directory, which means that you can be certain that you will be receiving the highest quality of intellectual property advice and displays our strength in advising on complex IP issues.
- Our intellectual property experts advise clients on a broad range of intellectual property matters, from initial registration and exploitation to protection and enforcement.
- Our specialist IP litigation team is also highly experienced in handling business disputes involving intellectual property.
- Myerson is a member of the Intellectual Property Lawyers Association (IPLA), an association of law firms with an established intellectual property office. Our membership provides our clients and us with access to a wealth of knowledge and expertise in intellectual property.
- Through our many years of service, we have close working relationships with trade mark and patent attorneys and regularly liaise with them on a wide range of intellectual property issues, such as registering trade marks, patents and design rights, and when disputes arise concerning intellectual property rights. These working relationships are a key element of the service we offer to our clients.
- Myerson is also the Manchester and Cheshire law firm member for the MSI Global Alliance, a top 20 ranked international association of independent professional firms. As the IP matters we deal with often involve an international element, we can call upon the expertise and knowledge of our fellow MSI members to ensure that our client’s global interests are protected.
Examples Of Intellectual Property Services
- Our intellectual property team have helped various businesses with specialist intellectual property services, such as trade mark litigation, trade mark registrations, and IP infringement cases.
- Acting for a Chinese frozen food manufacturer in a claim against one of its former employees concerning misuse of confidential information and copyright and database right infringements.
- Acting for a New York based pastry house and assisting it with policing its IP rights daily.
- Acting for a clothing supplier in a design rights dispute with a fashion brand which manufactured and sold maternity clothes.
- Acting for a start-up software development company and its directors in successfully defending injunctive proceedings relating to breach of contract, breach of confidence and copyright infringement.
- Acting for a supplier and retailer of tobacco products in a trademark infringement case against a US manufacturer and UK distributor.
- Advising a film production company about the ownership and licensing of various rights in connection with a film.
- A review of trade marks for a DIY trade centre, advising on the trade marks to be registered, possible classes of registration and cost analysis. We liaised with our trade mark agent over the merits of the applications, including filing international, EC and UK-only trademarks and whether a series mark could be applied for.
- Advising a technology company on the terms of a tri-party consortium agreement which involved divulging confidential information and intellectual property rights, resulting in the creation of jointly owned intellectual property.
- Working with a specialist patent attorney to obtain patent protection for a SaaS product.
- Assisting a client with analysing the market presence and intellectual property registrations from a legal perspective concerning potential new brand ideas.
Meet Our Intellectual Property Solicitors
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or City firms. Our intellectual property lawyers are experts in their fields and respected by their peers.
Carla is a Partner and Head of our Commercial Team
Richard is a Senior Associate in our Commercial Team
Robert is a Senior Associate in our Dispute Resolution Team
Contact Myerson Solicitors
Latest Myerson Intellectual Property News
Intellectual property ( IP ) has the potential to drive the growth and value for your business by delivering competitive advantages and creating new revenue streams. Understanding what IP your business has and identifying its strategic importance...Read Blog
For manufacturers , Intellectual Property (IP) rights are often the lifeblood of their operations. They encompass patents , trademarks , copyrights , and trade secrets, which protect designs, processes, and branding. Manufacturers will usually...Read Blog
Ed Sheeran is no stranger to copyright claims. Only last year, he successfully fended off a copyright infringement claim brought against his song Shape Of You . This time, Ed was required to appear in a Manhattan courtroom to defend allegations of...Read Blog
On 19 April 2023, the High Court held that Tesco’s use of its Clubcard sign (shown below) constituted trademark infringement and passing off of Lidl’s logo as it misled shoppers into thinking that products offered under the Clubcard scheme were...Read Blog
In the recent copyright infringement case of Response Clothing Ltd v The Edinburgh Woollen Mill Ltd , His Honour Judge Hacon, a Judge in the specialist Intellectual Property Enterprise Court (IPEC), held that the Edinburgh Woollen Mill (EWM) had...Read Blog