Commercial Litigation Solicitors
We recognise that business disputes are sometimes unavoidable, and we understand the importance of quickly resolving disputes for a business to maintain its success and to move forward. Our renowned and approachable commercial litigation solicitors will be your trusted advisors to help resolve your dispute by offering clear and transparent legal advice. We see clients as a long-term partnership working with you as your business grows.
Our commercial litigation solicitors are experienced in resolving business disputes head-on. At Myerson, we have the knowledge and expertise to help you and your business navigate these issues. Our expert solicitors can help you resolve contract disputes, shareholder disputes, professional negligence, injunctions, and partnership disputes.
Our approach will always be based around you. Avoiding court is a priority for everyone; therefore, we will always in the first instance try negotiating, mediating, and arbitrating with the other party leaving court as the last resort. You can be assured that you will receive the best quality advice and service.
As a full-service law firm, we have the support of nationally recognised corporate, commercial, and real estate departments. Therefore, we can provide our clients with a complete service whilst assisting with highly complex matters.
Our Commercial Litigation Expertise
Acted for a director and shareholder in an action for unfair prejudice under S.994 of the Companies Act 2016. It was a hotly disputed case where both parties wished to buy each other from the business.
Representing a claimant in a multi-million-pound claim against multiple defendants in respect of an assigned debt.
Acting for a client in a substantial contractual dispute against the Welsh Government. This dispute arises out of a Regeneration Investment Grant Agreement, whereby the client obtained a grant via the European Regional Development Fund.
We acted in the defence of a bitter and multi-faceted contractual and tortious claim by the director of a former security company, in which the client was a former director and shareholder.
We currently act for the claimant in a bitter and complex derivative action brought by the client on behalf of herself, a minority shareholder, and all the other shareholders a company under Part 11, Chapter 1 of the Companies Act 2006 arising out of the alleged substantial misappropriation of company assets by a family member, the sole director and majority shareholder.
Why Work With Our Dispute Resolution Team
- For the past seven years, the Legal 500 has rated us as a Top Tier legal firm.
- You will get access to more than 9 dispute resolution professionals from the Myerson Dispute Resolution Group, who will assist you with , shareholder, and partnership disputes, professional negligence, commercial agency and more
- You will obtain city-quality dispute resolution legal help at regional pricing.
- We offer a partner-led service to make sure you get the greatest legal counsel and support with a focus on business.
- Our large and experienced team can work quickly to fulfil your deadlines.
- We recognise that each transaction is unique to your specific circumstances and that you require the assistance of a dispute resolution solicitor who has dealt with a wide range of clients and types of work.
- We are a full-service law company with a single location, which ensures our employees interact effectively and efficiently.
- We employ the most recent technology to make sure that we are operating as effectively as possible and that a client's location is not a barrier to us providing outstanding customer service.
- All of our clients receive free newsletters and webinars that keep them informed about dispute resolution legal developments. View our most recent webinar on dispute resolution updates here.
- Check out the Myerson Promise for more information on the benefits of working with us.
Meet Our Specialists
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or City firms. Our specialists are experts in their fields and respected by their peers.
Adam is a Partner and Head of our Dispute Resolution Team
Sven is a Partner in our Dispute Resolution Team
Suzanne is a Partner in our Dispute Resolution Team
Lianne is a Senior Associate in our Dispute Resolution Team
Robert is a Senior Associate in our Dispute Resolution Team
Jack is an Associate in our Dispute Resolution Team
Adam is a Solicitor in our Dispute Resolution Team
Sarah is a Paralegal within our Dispute Resolution Team
James is a Solicitor in our Dispute Resolution Team
Contact Myerson Solicitors
Latest Myerson Dispute Resolution News
The Commercial Agents (Council Directive) Regulations 1993 have provided agents with significant protection since their establishment. On termination of an agency agreement, principals are often required to pay significant termination payments by...Read Blog
Succession planning is a crucial aspect of managing a limited company. It involves carefully considering the future of the business and the ownership structure in case of unforeseen events, such as the death or departure of a shareholder. In this...Read Blog
Operating a business can be stressful, and it is not uncommon for shareholder disagreements to arise. This can often lead to situations where shareholders feel the company is not being operated in a fair way, such that it has an adverse impact on...Read Blog
Most civil claims valued up to £100,000 issued on or after 1st October 2023 will be subject to a new fixed recoverable costs (FRC) system. Under the new rules, cases valued up to £25,000 will be allocated to the fast track, and less complex cases...Read Blog
If Court proceedings are issued to recover a business debt owed, the Defendant can defend the Court proceedings. The Defendant has 14 days from when the Court proceedings are served on it to notify the Court whether the Court proceedings will be...Read Blog
Professional negligence may occur when a professional acting for you does something wrong, which results in you suffering financial loss. The type of professional you can bring a claim against is someone you have paid to provide an expert service...Read Blog