Lianne advises on a wide range of commercial disputes, with particular emphasis on shareholder disputes relating to unfair prejudice claims and derivative actions. Lianne works closely with Adam Maher, Partner and Head of the Commercial Litigation department in connection with commercial agency claims, acting for both agents and principals.
Lianne also advises clients on a variety of other issues including professional negligence, contractual disputes, injunctions, contentious insolvency and claims involving restraint of trade and breach of restrictive covenants.
Lianne graduated from the University of Leeds with an LLB Hons (2.1) and went on to complete the Legal Practice Course with distinction at the University of Law in Manchester in 2013.
Lianne joined Myerson as a trainee solicitor in 2014 and qualified into the Commercial Litigation department in 2016.
Lianne has experience in dealing with complex commercial litigation disputes, acting for a variety of commercial and individual clients.
Lianne has particular expertise in dealing with shareholder disputes relating to unfair prejudice claims, commercial agency disputes and professional negligence actions against a wide range of professionals.
Recent notable cases Lianne has worked on include:
• Representing the commercial agent in a significant claim under the Commercial Agents (Council Directive) Regulations 1993 against a large manufacturer based outside of the jurisdiction.
• Acting for the Claimant in a professional negligence claim against a firm of solicitors arising from a property transaction.
• Representing a minority shareholder in a heavily disputed section 994 Petition under the Companies Act against the majority shareholder of the company.
• Acting for the Claimant in connection with a complex professional negligence claim against a firm of accountants for failure to advise.
• Representing the Respondent in a contested insolvency application in connection with an outstanding debt in excess of £2,000,000.
• Defending a claim for breach of restrictive covenants brought against a football agent by the former employer.
• Obtaining injunctive relief to prevent the sale of property or dissipation of sale proceeds.