Lianne is an Associate Solicitor in the Dispute Resolution and Commercial Litigation department. Lianne advises on a wide range of commercial disputes and has particular expertise in commercial agency claims, acting for both agents and principals and shareholder disputes relating to unfair prejudice claims and derivative actions.
Lianne also advises clients on a variety of other issues, including professional negligence claims against a range of professionals, contractual disputes, injunctions, contentious insolvency and claims involving restraint of trade and breach of restrictive covenants.
Lianne graduated from the University of Leeds with an LLB Hons (2.1) and went on to complete the Legal Practice Course with distinction at the University of Law in Manchester in 2013.
Lianne joined Myerson as a trainee solicitor in 2014 and qualified into the Commercial Litigation department in 2016.
Expertise and Past Cases
Lianne has experience in dealing with complex commercial litigation disputes, acting for a variety of commercial and individual clients.
Lianne has particular expertise in dealing with commercial agency disputes, shareholder disputes relating to unfair prejudice claims, and professional negligence actions against a wide range of professionals.
Recent notable cases Lianne has worked on include:
- Representing the commercial agent in a significant claim under the Commercial Agents (Council Directive) Regulations 1993 against a large manufacturer based outside of the jurisdiction.
- Acting for the Claimant in a professional negligence claim against a firm of solicitors arising from a property transaction.
- Representing a minority shareholder in a heavily disputed section 994 Petition under the Companies Act against the majority shareholder of the company.
- Acting for the Claimant in connection with a complex professional negligence claim against a firm of accountants for failure to advise.
- Conducting an arbitration of a claim under the Commercial Agents (Council Directive) Regulations 1993 through the International Court of Arbitration.
- Representing the Respondent in a contested insolvency application in connection with an outstanding debt in excess of £2,000,000.
- Defending a claim for breach of restrictive covenants brought against a football agent by the former employer.
- Obtaining injunctive relief to prevent the sale of property or dissipation of sale proceeds.