Robert is a solicitor in the Commercial Litigation department and specialises in commercial litigation disputes, with emphasis on contractual and intellectual property disputes.
Robert was awarded a 2:1 in Law at Queens University Belfast. He then did a Master’s degree in Human Rights and Criminal Justice and was awarded a commendation.
Robert moved to England from Northern Ireland in 2011 and completed the LPC at BBP Law School, in Manchester.
Robert completed his training contract at Butcher & Barlow LLP and joined Myerson in September 2017.
Expertise and Past Cases
Robert has experience in dealing with a range of commercial litigation cases including contractual disputes, commercial debt recovery, commercial agency disputes, professional negligence claims and intellectual property disputes. Robert also acts for a number of banking customers who were transferred to the RBS Global Restructuring Group (GRG) and assists them with lodging claims via the bank’s redress scheme.
Recent notable cases Robert has worked on include:
- Acting for a large property management company and lodging an appeal following a quantum assessment hearing on a relief from forfeiture case. Issuing a professional negligence case following determination of the appeal.
- Acting for a children’s nursery in a shareholder’s dispute brought under the Companies Act. Matter settled obtained a buy-out of shares plus substantial costs.
- Acting for the Claimant in a high-value multi-jurisdictional commercial agency case. Issued proceedings in England and served in America.
- Acting for an installation company in defending a contractual debt claim against a nationwide building supply organisation.
- Acting for a claimant in a high-value professional negligence case a planning consultant following advice in relation to the purchase of a plot of land.
Our legal services are underpinned by our knowledge and expertise in the following areas.