Robert joined Myerson in 2017 as a Solicitor in the Commercial Litigation department and was promoted to Associate in 2019, and Senior Associate in 2023.
Prior to joining Myerson, Robert trained with a firm based in Manchester and gained considerable experience in commercial litigation and dispute resolution.
Robert is recommended in the Legal 500, having received the following testimonial: “I would recommend Robert Brothers for commercial litigation/professional negligence”.
Robert’s practice encompasses professional negligence disputes, shareholder/partnership disputes, complex contractual disputes, intellectual property, reputation management and commercial agency claims.
Expertise and Past Cases
Robert has experience in dealing with a range of commercial litigation cases including contractual disputes, commercial debt recovery, commercial agency disputes, professional negligence claims and intellectual property disputes. Robert also acts for a number of banking customers who were transferred to the RBS Global Restructuring Group (GRG) and assists them with lodging claims via the bank’s redress scheme.
Recent notable cases Robert has worked on include:
- Acting for a large property management company and lodging an appeal following a quantum assessment hearing on a relief from forfeiture case. Issuing a professional negligence case following determination of the appeal.
- Acting for a children’s nursery in a shareholder’s dispute brought under the Companies Act. Matter settled obtained a buy-out of shares plus substantial costs.
- Acting for the Claimant in a high-value multi-jurisdictional commercial agency case. Issued proceedings in England and served in America.
- Acting for an installation company in defending a contractual debt claim against a nationwide building supply organisation.
- Acting for a claimant in a high-value professional negligence case a planning consultant following advice in relation to the purchase of a plot of land.