The North West has always played a strong part in the UK’s manufacturing sector and in recent years it has enjoyed somewhat of a resurgence. This performance was driven by strengths in the pharmaceutical, aerospace, automotive and food and drink sectors where the North West has a strong concentration.
Lawyers within our manufacturing sector team regularly advise businesses trading within the UK and internationally ranging from operations with a national coverage, SMEs, entrepreneurs and start-up ventures. We have extensive experience advising clients trading within diverse sub-sectors within the manufacturing sector, including building materials, textiles, household goods, industrial equipment, food and drink and healthcare products.
Lawyers within the sector team are connected to a wide network of trade associations and other professional advisers operating with the manufacturing sector. The team is drawn from across our practice, which offers a comprehensive service in advising manufacturing businesses on a range of legal issues that impact on their day to day activities including:
- Terms of trade and supply of goods;
- distribution and commercial agency arrangements;
- Manufacturing agreements;
- Mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and collaborations;
- The protection and exploitation of intellectual property;
- Management and security of data;
- Investment, lending and security;
- Commercial property;
- Dispute resolution and debt recovery;
- Employment and contractor issues.