Sven is an experienced commercial litigator.
Prior to joining Myerson, Sven trained with a firm in Kent before relocating to the North West in 2007. From 2007 until 2020, Sven worked in the Dispute Resolution team in the Manchester office of a national firm, where he was promoted to Associate Partner in 2013 and then Partner in 2018.
Sven’s practice encompasses company commercial disputes, claims for professional negligence, debt recovery, shareholders’ and boardroom disputes and insolvency litigation (both company and personal), where he routinely acts for a variety of national and international clients across a diverse range of sectors.
Expertise and Past Cases
Recent notable cases Sven has worked on include:
- Acting for multiple defendants in claims by an Austrian multinational for breach of distribution agreement.
- Acting for a large US multi-national in respect of the restoration of a UK subsidiary for the recovery of monies which had passed to the crown in bona vacantia and related claims against the companies’ former accountants for professional negligence.
- Acting for the trustees and settlor of an offshore trust in respect of their claims for professional negligence against their accountants concerning the conversion of a discretionary trust to an interest in possession trust.
- Advising a Romanian subsidiary of a large Belgian multi-national on a breach of contract claim concerning the non-supply of bespoke machinery by a UK manufacturer.
- Acting for a company in pursuing claims against former senior employees for breaches of post-employment restrictive covenants (including for springboard relief).
- Acting for multiple respondents in defending two unfair prejudice petitions by an aggrieved shareholder.
- Acting for a UK manufacturing company upon the dismissal of its director following discovery of theft from the company, including associated recovery and compromise of all claims.
- Acting for a multi-national in connection with the safe storage of high value goods held pursuant to retention of title clause by a purchaser in administration.
- Acting for a former director/shareholder of a company in respect of claims by the company’s liquidators for the payment of unlawful dividends in breach of section 830 of the Companies Act 2006.