Head of the Dispute Resolution and Commercial Litigation department, Adam has been in practice for almost 20 years and has built an enviable reputation and case history in commercial litigation, particularly in relation to shareholder and joint venture/partnership disputes and commercial agency claims. Adam trained and gained experience at national, commercial firms after having attended the University of Liverpool to obtain his LLB (hons) law degree.
Adam has considerable experience of advising in relation to complex, high-value and international commercial litigation matters, and has experience of contesting claims against parties based in the USA, France, the Republic of Ireland, Spain, Germany, Hungary, Romania and Japan. Adam is regularly retained to bring or defend actions seeking injunctive relief.
The commercial litigation team at Myerson is one of the largest and most experienced in the NorthWest, with a real strength in depth and specialisms. The size of the team enables it to prosecute or defend the most complex and involved litigation. The team has obtained and executed surprise search orders simultaneously at multiple properties of defendants and is retained by other commercial law firms and the High Court to supervise such search orders.
Adam also works closely with Myerson’s nationally-recognised Corporate department (recommended in the Top 200 UK law firms by the Times), particularly in relation to shareholder and joint venture disputes. Legal issues are rarely confined to one area of law and the breadth of Myerson’s talent has enabled the team to provide creative, joined-up solutions.
A testimonial from the Legal 500: "Adam Maher is an exceptional, dynamic and creative litigator; a visionary leader with excellent communication skills, tenacity and a proven track record of success in the most complex and challenging of cases".
Expertise and Past Cases
He is a specialist in contractual, partnership, company and professional negligence disputes and has successfully handled complex pieces of litigation, including:
- For a French listed company specialist in manufacturing nuclear fallout shelters for the energy industry
- For developer for a large Barbadian developer of property in multi-million-pound dispute with Icelandic bank
- For a nationwide, household name retailer for misuse of confidential information
- For a regional accountancy practice to restrain a former partner for breach of restrictive covenants
- For a large property developer, seeking and obtaining a just and equitable winding up against a crowd funder
- For a shareholder in a derivative claim on behalf of a property management company against director seeking injunctive relief
- In dispute as to the ownership of the “Blue John” Caverns mine network and tourist facility in Derbyshire
- Acting for numerous shareholders bringing claims for unfair prejudice petitions and derivative actions