Our Professional Services Expertise
Whether you are a lawyer, accountant, doctor or surveyor, your clients are reliant on the advice and services provided by you, as the experts in your field. It is equally important that you also have the same confidence in your legal advisers.
The legal advice that professional services providers seek most often covers the choice of business medium, incorporation, partnership/shareholder difficulties, property matters and employment issues. In addition it is not uncommon for disputes, complaints or claims (regulatory and contractual) to arise for a provider of professional services.
Our Approach to Professional Services
Our team of professional services solicitors are experienced in various legal disciplines, including corporate and commercial law, partnership law, employment law, disputes and property law. They can provide you with the practical advice and strategic support you need. With a wealth of combined expertise, experience and know-how our team can identify and address any issue swiftly, efficiently and proactively in the context of your profession.
Professional Areas We Cover
With the increasing pressures on lawyers ranging from SRA compliance to commoditisation, the ever-changing legal market requires you to balance your business finances, manage your staff (and peers) and maintain a compliance framework.
All of this can lead to significant time away from the business of providing legal services and can have a consequential effect on the efficiency and profitability of your practice.
Our professional services team acts for law firms of various sizes and different business mediums. We provide a full array of advice, solutions and service which will allow you to concentrate on other aspects of your practice. Recent examples of our work include:
- Acting for a multi-disciplinary legal practice on its incorporation from a partnership to a limited company structure, including drafting bespoke shareholders agreement and articles of association;
- Advising a firm of solicitors in relation to it becoming an Alternative Business Structure (ABS) including guidance on the Legal Practice Act 2007 and drafting its constitution;
- Negotiating the successful exit of a director/shareholder from a firm of solicitors established as a private limited company in circumstances where the relationship between each of the shareholders had broken down;
- The appointment and termination of senior partners/members of a legal practice, as well as advising on and providing the relative provisions in its constitution to allow for fixed-share partners; and
- Mergers of firms of solicitors (sole traders, partnerships, LLPs and companies).
We also act for a number of firms of solicitors in relation to overflow work where they may lack capacity, conflict work and in relation to specialist areas of law in which they may not have the relative expertise.
Our professional services team works closely with many accountants of various structures and sizes. This has led to a detailed understanding of the business of accountancy practices, making us well placed to advise and assist you with the requirements of your practice.
From inception to well-established practices, our professional services team can assist at all stages of practice development and in all areas.
Recent examples of our work include:
- The acquisition by a Manchester city centre accountancy practice of a smaller and regional based accountancy practice as part of an ongoing plan to grow by consolidation;
- The incorporation of an accountancy practice as a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) and drafting an LLP agreement to reflect the relationship between the members;
- Restructuring an existing accountancy practice and drafting new shareholders agreement and bespoke articles of association;
- Advising in relation to the appointment of senior personnel, as well as the exit of such persons; and
- A merger of accounting practices (sole traders, partnerships, LLPs and companies).
Our professional services team has gained specialist knowledge in the healthcare sector having worked closely with professionals in the medical profession over a number of years.
We have advised doctors, dentists, GPs and providers of specialist medical treatment and services to both the private and public sector on a broad range of legal and contractual issues. With our professional services team specialising in various disciplines, we are well placed to advise on all aspects of work relating to your profession.
GPs and providers of Specialist Medical treatment
Recent changes in the NHS place GPs and Specialists in the front line of health service provision and healthcare in the community.
Recognising the special, but also vulnerable, position that you are in, our professional services team can help you in relieving some of the pressures of your workload. Examples of recent advice include:
- Drafting GP partnership agreements;
- Structuring of healthcare practices, including drafting limited liability partnership agreements, shareholders agreements and articles of association;
- Advising on marketing and joint venture structures in relation to “umbrella” practices;
- Drafting constitutions of healthcare practices to include the introduction of Associate Doctors and Consultants;
- Advising and negotiating outsourcing agreements, NHS/PCP contracts and referral arrangements between Doctors, Consultants and Hospitals (NHS and private);
- Advising on tenders and framework agreements for the provision of specialist medical treatment (direct to NHS or sub-contracted); and
- Advising software houses on the provision of specialist medical software to the NHS and other providers of treatment.
At Myerson, we have many years’ experience of helping dentists and dental professionals navigate their way through the day-to-day aspects of operating a successful practice. This experience has also led us to advise on major milestones such as practice sales or mergers.
With a range of legal services such as corporate, employment and property law you can be assured that you will always be provided with a bespoke level of legal advice.
We assist dental practices with a range of services including:
- Practices sales or mergers
- Partnership and Shareholder agreements
- Employment law guidance
- Dispute resolution
- A wide range of property services from leases to development
Our previous experience includes:
- We have advised numerous clients on the sale and purchase of their dentist practices, including advising on the NHS/PCT contract and the structure of the purchase/disposal via a partnership and its subsequent dissolution;
- Incorporating a dentist practice from a sole trader/partnership to a private limited company, including the drafting of the relevant constitutional documents (partnership agreement/shareholders agreement and articles of association); and
- Advising in relation to NHS/PCT contracts.
As a provider of medical services to the public, your practice will need to ensure that not only are the services provided to the required professional standard but also that your practice’s needs are satisfied.
With our professional services team specialising in various disciplines, we are well placed to advise you on all areas relating to your professional and business needs, including:
- The sale of independent optician practices to national chains, other optometry practices and investors; and
- Restructuring of property assets owned by an independent practice to achieve a more tax efficient structure as well as prepare the practice for a potential sale
Our professional services team has over many years gained specialist knowledge in acting for pharmacists and pharmacy businesses. With our professional services team specialising in various disciplines, we are well placed to advise you on all areas relating to your professional and business needs. We have recently advised clients in relation to the following matters:
- The sale and purchase of a number of pharmacies;
- The incorporation of pharmacy practices and the drafting of the relevant constitutional documents (including limited liability partnership agreements, shareholders agreements and articles of association); and
- Advising generally on employment and property related matters
Property & Engineering
Our professional services team has gained knowledge over many years in acting for property businesses and also for many clients in the engineering sector.
This has been during both the commercial property boom and the more recent leaner, less active period. With our professional services team specialising in various disciplines, we are well placed to advise you on all areas relating to your professional and business needs. Our recent work includes:
- Advising the founders of Thornley Groves Estate Agents Limited upon the investment by Lomond Capital;
- The floatation of Baqus Group plc (construction consultants) to the Alternative Investment Market (AIM), its subsequent de-listing and then takeover;
- We have advised a number of clients in relation to various property joint ventures including between construction and development companies, drafting appropriate shareholders agreement and bespoke articles of association; and
- Advised on a variety of international ventures including working with our MSI network to incorporate overseas companies (complying with the relevant legislation together with appropriate investment) allowing them to tender for work in those jurisdictions.
We have a detailed understanding of the business of veterinary practices, making us well placed to advise and assist you on the requirements of your practice and business. This includes recent work such as:
- We have acted for The Willows Veterinary Group on a number of acquisitions, mergers and disposals, including the recent merger with Charter Veterinary Group;
- We have advised veterinary practices on the appointment and termination of senior personnel;
- Advised on a number of referral arrangements entered into by veterinary practices and drafting/negotiating relevant agreements; and
- Advising generally on employment and property-related matters.
Contact Myerson Solicitors
Meet Our Specialists
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or City firms. Our specialists are experts in their fields and respected by their peers.
Mohammed Akeel Latif
Akeel is a Partner and Head of the Corporate Team
Adam is a Partner and Head of our Dispute Resolution Team
Andrew is a Partner in our Corporate and Commercial Teams
Scott is a Partner in our Corporate Team
Latest Myerson News
In our previous blog , we provided a summary of enforcement options once a judgment is obtained from the court. In our next series of business debt recovery blogs, our dispute resolution solicitors will provide more information about these...Read Blog
Myerson Solicitors is proud to support Adlington Retirement Living in developing new retirement communities across England. Adlington has secured a landmark £75m development facility from NatWest Group and Homes England. This funding will allow for...Read News
On 18 September 2023, the Powers of Attorney Act received Royal Assent, having been introduced in 2022 and passed through Parliament unopposed. The Act paves the way for changes to how Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPAs) are made and registered in...Read Blog
Myerson Solicitors Proudly Celebrates International Volunteer Day with a Reflection of Their Charity Work from 2023
International Volunteer Day is recognised globally on the 5th December. Founded by the United Nations in 1985, it is a day to celebrate the work of volunteers, recognising the value of the work they do for advancing peace and development worldwide...Read News
You may be planning to take your children away over the Christmas period to visit friends and family who do not live close by or to have a festive holiday. If this is your plan, you need to be aware of the legal requirements in relation to...Read Blog