Our Commercial Expertise
Our experienced team of commercial solicitors aim to work in partnership with you and your business to build a strong working relationship that provides effective legal support.
The reality of today’s business world is that virtually every organisation needs professional commercial law advisors from time to time. Our commercial lawyers are here to provide practical and proactive commercial legal advice on general and project-driven matters, allowing you to run your business efficiently.
Our corporate commercial team is ranked Top Tier - Tier 1 by the independent The Legal 500 directory. In addition, Partners in our commercial law team are recommended by The Legal 500 for their expertise in IT & Technology, having a wealth of experience advising and assisting businesses on IT-related legal issues, including in relation to regulatory technology sector (RegTech) and the financial technology sector (FinTech). Therefore, you can be reassured that you will deal with some of the best commercial solicitors in the country and will only receive the best legal expertise.
Our commercial law solicitors can help UK businesses with the following matters:
- Agency Agreements
- Collaboration Agreements
- Commercial Contracts
- Confidentiality Agreements and NDAs
- Consultancy Agreements
- Data Protection
- Distribution Agreements
- International Trade
- IT & Software Contracts
- Routes To Market
- Service Contracts
- Sub Contractor Agreements
- Supply of Goods Agreements
- Terms and Conditions
Our Approach to Commercial Law
Our ethos is to provide our clients with an alternative to the major regional and national firms by offering high-quality business legal advice from highly experienced solicitors but on a much more cost-effective basis.
Our commercial lawyers work closely with our business clients, to ensure we meet their expectations regarding their business operations and costs while providing clear and constructive legal advice, and practical solutions. Our commercial solicitors are easy to deal with and understand that a common-sense approach is often required.
As standard practice, our commercial lawyers give our clients an estimate of the costs involved in undertaking any work at the outset and provide cost updates regularly.
Corporate Commercial Team of the Year - Manchester Legal Awards 2021
Our Corporate Commercial Team continues to be recognised for their hard work and expertise, maintaining their “Top Tier” status in the Legal 500 and winning the Manchester Legal Awards Corporate Commercial Team of the Year 2021.
M Akeel Latif, Head of the Corporate Commercial Team, commented, “We are so incredibly proud to be recognised as the Corporate and Commercial Team of the Year at the Manchester Legal Awards 2021. It is a powerful recognition of the dedication and hard work put in by each and every member of the Myerson team, all of whom have committed themselves to the pursuit of excellence in the way we operate and how we serve our Corporate and Commercial clients.
The Manchester Legal Awards is a fantastic way to celebrate the legal profession within the region, and although the awards were held slightly differently this year, it was great to see all the firms come together online.”
Other accolades include The Times Best Law Firms 2023, with the Corporate & Commercial department commended by The Times.
Why Work With Our Commercial Team
- We have been ranked as a Top Tier law firm by the Legal 500 for the last seven years and recognised as a Top 200 Law Firm in 2022.
- You will have access to 10 commercial lawyers across the Myerson Commercial Group that can help with issues relating to commercial contracts, consultancy agreements, distribution arrangements and franchising.
- You will receive city-quality commercial legal advice and commercial services at regional prices.
- We provide a partner-led service to ensure you receive the best commercial legal advice and support.
- We have a large and proactive commercial team which can meet your deadlines.
- We understand that each matter is unique to your circumstances and that you need support from a commercial lawyer experienced in dealing with various clients and types of work.
- We are a full-service law firm operating from a one-site office, which means our teams communicate effectively and efficiently. Our commercial team often assists with commercial property and IT / Technology matters.
- Our commercial team use the latest technology to ensure that we are working as efficiently as possible, and that geographical distance does not prevent us from providing excellent legal advice and client service.
- Our commercial lawyers were the winners of ‘Corporate Commercial Team of the Year 2021’ at the Manchester Legal Awards.
- Look at the Myerson Promise for further benefits of working with us here.
Intro to Commercial Law | Video
Meet Our Commercial Solicitors
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or City firms. Our specialists are experts in their fields and respected by their peers.
Carla is a Partner and Head of our Commercial Team
Richard is a Senior Associate in our Commercial Team
Olivia is a Solicitor within our Commercial Team
Karam Bhatti is a Trainee Solicitor in our Commercial Team
Megan Powers is a Legal PA in the Corporate and Commercial Teams
Contact Myerson Solicitors
Latest Myerson Commercial Law News
Intellectual property ( IP ) has the potential to drive the growth and value for your business by delivering competitive advantages and creating new revenue streams. Understanding what IP your business has and identifying its strategic importance...Read Blog
When appointing a subcontractor, a supplier’s key concern is ensuring seamless delivery of the services per the requirements of the main contract in place with their client. In this article, our Commercial Solicitors have identified five essential...Read Blog
As we predicted in our annual horizon scanning article at the start of the year 2023: A Year of Focus on Online Advertising, Influencers and Greenwashing (myerson.co.uk) – 2023 has been a year of regulatory focus on the advertising and marketing...Read Blog
The Information Commissioner’s Office ( ICO ) has issued fines totalling £590,000 to five companies for collectively making 1.9 million unwanted direct marketing calls which targeted the elderly and people with vulnerabilities, thereby infringing...Read Blog
Last month, it was announced that Manchester United had agreed to a new front-of-shirt sponsor, which will see them boast the logo of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc's product, Snapdragon. This news follows the announcement in August 2022 that the two...Read Blog