Our Business Employment Expertise
We act for both businesses and individuals, so if you are an employee seeking employment advice, we can help.
Business Employment law is an absolute minefield; it is complex and fast-changing and getting it wrong can be very costly. As well as financial implications, it can also damage employee relations and the reputation of your business. Therefore, obtaining specialist advice from professional employment law solicitors can make a real difference to your business.
Our specialist team of employment solicitors are described in the independent Legal 500 directory as “excellent”. In addition, both Partners in our employment law team are recommended by the Legal 500. Therefore, you can be reassured that you will deal with some of the best employment lawyers in the country.
The specialist employment law advice which we provide is pragmatic and commercial. Our bespoke service means that we always look for solutions that work best for you and your business.
Our ethos is to provide our clients with an alternative service to the major regional and national firms by offering high-quality legal advice from highly experienced and specialist employment lawyers. Therefore, giving you a truly cost-effective and accessible service, without the need to compromise on quality.
Our solicitors can help you with the following employment law services:
Whether you have just ten employees, or over a thousand, you need to make sure your business complies with the latest HR and employment law requirements. Getting it wrong can result in significant financial and reputational consequences.
So, we’ve developed Myerson HR. A comprehensive, fixed-fee, retainer HR package that makes sure you’re covered, allowing you to concentrate on what’s most important – running your business.
Myerson HR was designed to give our clients peace of mind that they can access a team of expert employment lawyers for pragmatic advice, at any time. The Myerson HR package includes:
- A full business health-check and audit.
- A complete update of existing contracts, policies, and procedures.
- Access to a library of GDPR documentation and templates.
- Direct access to professional employment solicitors.
- Specialist insurance options.
- Customised HR software.
If you are interested in our Myerson HR Retainer service providing certainty of cost together with additional HR Resources, find out more.
Why Work With Our Employment Team
In particular, we offer:
- City centre standards of advice and service levels due to our policy of recruiting only the best specialist employment solicitors from leading firms.
- Our employment law solicitors are dedicated to advising on how to achieve your business objectives in the most efficient and practical way. We pride ourselves on providing straightforward and bespoke advice tailored to your business requirements and resources.
- As expert employment lawyers, we understand that employers need to be commercial, decisive and act calmly but quickly when sensitive employment disputes arise.
- Our employment solicitors understand you want speedy and satisfactory resolution to avoid protracted and damaging conflict.
- Your work will be carried out by a qualified employment law solicitor, who knows your business requirements best. Our work is also carried out at the appropriate level, depending on the complexity, sensitivity, and importance of the employment issue.
- We work closely with our clients to ensure that we meet their expectations both in terms of their objectives and in relation to costs. Our employment solicitors know that clarity on costs is vitally important to our clients, especially at a time when businesses are challenged by sudden and dramatic changes to economic circumstances.
- Extensive experience of dealing with a wide range of employers and employment disputes, giving you fast, helpful advice, based on knowledge of your business, its history, and pressures.
- A partner-led service and a genuinely accessible team of experienced employment law solicitors due to our size, structure, and unique culture.
Employment Law Update | Autumn 2023
Meet Our Employment Solicitors
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or City firms. Our employment lawyers are experts in their fields and respected by their peers.
Jo is a Partner and Head of our Employment Team
Jo is a Partner in both our Employment and Compliance Teams
Charlotte is the Head of Myerson HR and a Partner in our Employment Team
Patrick is a Senior Associate in our Employment Team
Jack is a Senior Associate in our Employment Team
Vicki is an Associate in our Employment Team
Amy is a Solicitor in our Employment Team
Kurt is a Solicitor in our Employment Team
Victoria is a Trainee Solicitor in our Employment Team
Meghan is a Senior Legal PA in our Employment Team
Contact Myerson Solicitors
Latest Myerson Employment Law News
The Government recently published its response to a consultation that sought to address issues with the current laws around working time, holidays, and TUPE. As part of that, the Government has published draft regulations called the Employment...Read Blog
The Workers (Predictable Terms and Conditions) Bill received Royal Assent on 18 September 2023, becoming the Workers (Predictable Terms and Conditions) Act 2023. For more information on the Bill's proposals, please see our previous blog here on...Read Blog
The Myerson Employment Team bring you their Top Employment Law Updates You Must Know. Our expert Employment Team guide you through the latest developments in the world of employment law. The topics for this seminar include: AI and employment law...Watch Webinar
Technology created the gig economy and, as a sector, was an early adopter of using self-employed staff to add important skill sets to their businesses. Walk through any UK city, and you will see self-employed Uber drivers ferrying passengers back...Read Blog
New announcements by the Labour Party have revealed that should the party win the next general election in 2024, employers can expect significant changes to employment laws and employee rights. The Labour Party has committed to implementing an...Read Blog