Vicki is a graduate of Sheffield University where she gained a 2:1 LLB (Hons) degree in Law & Criminology and completed the Legal Practice Course at BPP Law School (Manchester).
Vicki joined the Employment team at Myerson in September 2019, following completion of her training contract at Stephensons Solicitors LLP. Prior to her training contract, Vicki was a graduate paralegal in the employment department and so has obtained invaluable employment law experience providing commercial and practical advice to both employers and employees. Her experience is invaluable to our Myerson HR clients.
Vicki advises both employers and employees on a range of employment law and HR issues. This includes preparing employment contracts, policies and procedures, the raising and handling of grievances, disciplinary matters and appeals. Vicki is also particularly experienced in advising on pregnancy-related issues and redundancy situations.
Vicki is experienced in both bringing and responding to claims in the Employment Tribunal, including claims for discrimination, unfair and constructive dismissal and whistleblowing. She is also experienced in preparing and advising on settlement agreements and is highly regarded for negotiating the terms and value of exit packages.
Expertise and Past Cases
Examples of Vicki’s notable matters include:
- Negotiated an exit package for an employee who was subjected to discriminatory comments.
- Advised a number of employees in respect of settlement agreements following the sale of a company.
- Advised a company in relation to the drafting of their employment contract to accommodate a fixed-term employee, including the enforceability of the restrictive covenants.
- Provided practical advice to a company invoking their disciplinary procedure.
- Advised a company in respect of its IT and Data Protection policies.
- Bringing and defending claims for unfair and constructive dismissal and discrimination.
- Advising on day to day HR and Employment law processes that both employees and employers face in the workplace.