Charlotte is a graduate of Durham University. She has been a Senior Associate since 2014 and is Head of Myerson HR. As a specialist employment lawyer with over 12 years’ experience in providing commercial and practical advice to our clients, Charlotte is described as “incredibly professional and responsive”. She has particular experience in advising employers on all HR issues and processes as well as on more complicated restructuring and TUPE matters.
Charlotte is a keen negotiator and in addition to acting for various employers, she advises senior executives and directors in respect of exit strategies and negotiation of termination packages.
Charlotte also has a wide range of experience in dealing with Employment Tribunal claims, for both employers and senior individuals, ranging from unfair dismissal to more complicated discrimination and whistleblowing claims.
Expertise and Past Cases
Examples of Charlotte’s notable matters include:
- Acting for a large international company in respect of several Tribunal claims and securing dismissal of a disability discrimination claim raised against it, including conducting the advocacy;
- Negotiating a six figure sum exit package for a senior employee against a household name company and successfully securing further termination packages for other employees against the same company;
- Advising over 600 employees in relation to their settlement agreements in a large scale voluntary redundancy exercise;
- Advising a large manufacturing company in relation to the closure of its place of business and dealing with the related TUPE issues and redundancy process;
- Successfully representing a household name retail company in relation to various claims of disability, sex and race discrimination under the Equality Act 2010 as well as equal pay claims, brought by ex-employees.