Our Sub Contractor Agreements Service
Mitigating Risks and Maximizing Results
When engaging a sub-contractor, one of the primary concerns for a supplier is ensuring the seamless delivery of services in accordance with the requirements of the main contract with the customer.
Entrusting the supply of services to a third party comes with inherent risks, both legal and commercial. Our firm specialises in identifying and managing these risks, providing you with peace of mind.
Tailored Solutions for Your Industry
Our experience encompasses a wide range of sub-contracting and supply chain arrangements across various industries, including:
- Sub-contracting the provision of professional services
- Sub-contracting as part of construction projects
- Outsourcing IT services or reselling software and support services
- Manufacturing services
- Consultancy agreements, including those using personal service companies and similar models
- Intra-group arrangements for the supply of services between companies
- Agency, distribution, and reseller arrangements
Understanding Your Specific Needs
We recognize that sub-contracting arrangements require careful consideration of numerous factors. Our team will work closely with you to address key issues such as:
- Reviewing the main customer contract to determine sub-contracting permissions or restrictions
- Conducting due diligence on sub-contractors to assess their suitability, skills, reliability, and resources
- Evaluating the need for a third-party guarantee to secure the sub-contractor's obligations
- Ensuring proper "flow-down" of obligations and contractual assurances from the main contract into the sub-contract
- Assessing compliance requirements, policies, and standards for the sub-contractor
- Drafting indemnities and other contractual assurances related to service quality
- Addressing regulatory requirements and restrictions
- Handling assignments of intellectual property rights
Our Extensive Sub Contractor Agreements Experience
Our commercial solicitors have a proven track record of successfully navigating complex subcontracting arrangements. Here are a few examples of our work:
- Intra-group arrangements: We have advised numerous entities operating within intra-group arrangements, ensuring compliance and effectiveness even in the event of a company's exit from the group.
- Third-party consultants: We assisted a national educational web-App supplier in drafting a subcontract consultancy agreement to engage third-party consultants while safeguarding organizational standards and codes of ethics.
- Fire risk safety consultancy services: We represented a national supplier of fire risk safety consultancy services, establishing comprehensive subcontracting arrangements with third-party consultants, including robust limitation of liability provisions and insurance obligations.
Partner with Myerson Solicitors
When it comes to sub-contractor agreements, you need a legal partner who understands your industry and the intricacies of sub-contracting arrangements. With our wealth of experience and commitment to delivering tailored solutions, Myerson Solicitors is the trusted choice for businesses seeking reliable legal support.
Contact us today to discuss your sub-contracting needs and let our commercial specialists assist you in optimizing your outcomes and managing risks effectively.
Why Work With Our Commercial Team
- We have been ranked as a Top Tier law firm by the Legal 500 for the last seven years and recognised as a Top 200 Law Firm in 2022.
- You will have access to 10 commercial lawyers across the Myerson Commercial Group that can help with issues relating to commercial contracts, consultancy agreements, distribution arrangements and franchising.
- You will receive city-quality commercial legal advice and commercial services at regional prices.
- We provide a partner-led service to ensure you receive the best commercial legal advice and support.
- We have a large and proactive commercial team which can meet your deadlines.
- We understand that each matter is unique to your circumstances and that you need support from a commercial lawyer experienced in dealing with various clients and types of work.
- We are a full-service law firm operating from a one-site office, which means our teams communicate effectively and efficiently. Our commercial team often assists with commercial property and IT / Technology matters.
- Our commercial team use the latest technology to ensure that we are working as efficiently as possible, and that geographical distance does not prevent us from providing excellent legal advice and client service.
- Our commercial lawyers were the winners of ‘Corporate Commercial Team of the Year 2021’ at the Manchester Legal Awards.
- Look at the Myerson Promise for further benefits of working with us here.
Meet Our Commercial Solicitors
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or City firms. Our specialists are experts in their fields and respected by their peers.
Carla is a Partner and Head of our Commercial Team
Richard is a Senior Associate in our Commercial Team
Olivia is a Solicitor within our Commercial Team
Karam Bhatti is a Trainee Solicitor in our Commercial Team
Megan Powers is a Legal PA in the Corporate and Commercial Teams
Contact Myerson Solicitors
Latest Myerson Commercial Law News
Intellectual property ( IP ) has the potential to drive the growth and value for your business by delivering competitive advantages and creating new revenue streams. Understanding what IP your business has and identifying its strategic importance...Read Blog
When appointing a subcontractor, a supplier’s key concern is ensuring seamless delivery of the services per the requirements of the main contract in place with their client. In this article, our Commercial Solicitors have identified five essential...Read Blog
As we predicted in our annual horizon scanning article at the start of the year 2023: A Year of Focus on Online Advertising, Influencers and Greenwashing (myerson.co.uk) – 2023 has been a year of regulatory focus on the advertising and marketing...Read Blog
The Information Commissioner’s Office ( ICO ) has issued fines totalling £590,000 to five companies for collectively making 1.9 million unwanted direct marketing calls which targeted the elderly and people with vulnerabilities, thereby infringing...Read Blog
Last month, it was announced that Manchester United had agreed to a new front-of-shirt sponsor, which will see them boast the logo of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc's product, Snapdragon. This news follows the announcement in August 2022 that the two...Read Blog