Our IT / Technology Expertise
Our specialist IT lawyers have over 20 years of experience in the technology sector, including the regulatory technology sector (RegTech) and the financial technology sector (FinTech).
We regularly advise businesses regarding the various legal, contractual, and regulatory issues facing suppliers and customers in the information technology industry. Our IT team are on hand to provide practical legal expertise, assistance, and solutions to any modern business in an efficient manner.
Information Technology is now vital to most business operations, as business needs and requirements constantly develop following new advances in technology and software development. Therefore, it is no surprise that IT law is a dynamic area that develops to meet requirements.
Our specialist IT lawyers have many years of experience advising and assisting businesses on IT-related legal issues.
Our team of IT solicitors are ranked by the prestigious Legal 500, and Partners in our Information Technology team are also recommended by the Legal 500. Therefore, you can be reassured that you will deal with some of the country's best Commercial Solicitors and IT lawyers.
We can help you with the following aspects of IT Technology:
- E-commerce and Website Terms and Conditions
- Apps and platforms
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Cloud Platforms
- Software Licensing
- Software Development
- Data Protection
- Innovation, Collaboration, Research and Development
- Cyber security & data protection
- EIS and SEIS
- IT Contractors
- Protecting Your IP
- Sale of an IT business
- Managed IT Services
Why Work With Our IT/Technology Team
- Myerson Solicitors' IT lawyers can provide businesses with extensive legal advice and support on a wide range of IT-related matters.
- We are highly skilled in matters relating to data protection, ensuring that businesses comply with relevant legislation such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- We can also provide expert guidance on software licensing, reselling, and development.
- Other areas of expertise include e-commerce, intellectual property, and technology-related disputes.
- Working with Myerson Solicitors means you'll have access to legal experts who can support and help your business stay ahead of the curve in today's ever-evolving digital landscape.
- An alternative to the major, regional, and national firms by offering high-quality Technology law advice from specialist solicitors, but on a much more cost-effective basis.
- By working closely with our IT clients, we can ensure we meet their expectations regarding business operations, providing clear and specialist expertise. We are easy to deal with and understand that a common-sense approach is often required.
- Extensive experience in dealing with a broad range of IT disputes, such as data protection and software development issues, giving businesses fast and helpful advice based on knowledge of your business, its history, and pressures.
- A partner-led service and a genuinely accessible team of experienced IT law solicitors due to our size, structure, and unique culture.
Intro To Our Technology team | Video
Meet Our IT Technology Solicitors
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or City firms. Our IT Technology lawyers are experts in their fields and respected by their peers.
Carla is a Partner and Head of our Commercial Team
Richard is a Senior Associate in our Commercial Team
Olivia is a Solicitor within our Commercial Team
Karam Bhatti is a Trainee Solicitor in our Commercial Team
Contact Myerson Solicitors
Latest Myerson IT / Technology News
Intellectual property ( IP ) has the potential to drive the growth and value for your business by delivering competitive advantages and creating new revenue streams. Understanding what IP your business has and identifying its strategic importance...Read Blog
It’s safe to say that AI has been dominating the news lately, particularly over the past 12 months, with the launch of AI applications such as ChatGPT. As AI systems have become more ‘mainstream’, we have seen an increase in pressure on Governments...Read Blog
Last month, it was announced that Manchester United had agreed to a new front-of-shirt sponsor, which will see them boast the logo of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc's product, Snapdragon. This news follows the announcement in August 2022 that the two...Read Blog
The Data Protection Commission (DPC), Ireland's data protection regulator, has fined TikTok Technology Limited (TikTok) €345 million for breaching the EU GDPR's principle of fairness and requirements for data protection by design and default when...Read Blog