Our Telecommunications Service
Our specialist Telecommunication Solicitors are able to provide you with comprehensive advice on a range of matters, as well as draft specific telecoms related documents, including:
- Confidentiality agreements;
- Website terms and conditions;
- Customer and end user terms and conditions;
- Master service agreements;
- Supply agreements;
- Reseller agreements; and
- Co-location agreements.
For those clients who already have their own documents, we provide a contract review service. As part of this service we will provide you with a report on your suite of documents and advice on how they may be improved to best protect your business interests
As part of our telecommunications offering, we also advise on the following:
- Data Protection (GDPR), Data Retention and Freedom of Information Act Matters;
- Buying and Selling Telecommunication Businesses
- Providing Advice on Shareholder Protection and Shareholder’s Agreements; and
- Mobile Phone Mast Leases and Commercial Contracts.
Data Protection (GDPR), Data Retention and Freedom of Information Act Matters
In England and Wales, individuals have a right to control how personal data or information is used, stored and communicated.
We advise companies of all sizes on privacy issues and data protection, including how to handle customer information and how to seek consents and permissions through online platforms as well as commercial and customer contracts. We will work with you (or your DPO) to ensure that you are operating in compliance with the Data Protection legislation (including GDPR) and associated legislation.
We can also provide you with a framework of contract protections, short term crisis management advice and long term data protection strategies, including providing data protection advice on:
- Compliance issues under the Data Protection Legislation (including GDPR);
- Data Processing and Data Sharing;
- Internal and external policies and Privacy Notices;
- Freedom of Information Act requests;
- Direct Marketing;
- Breaches of data security.
- Website terms and conditions;
Buying and Selling Telecommunication Businesses
Our Corporate Commercial team have a wealth of experience working with businesses of all sizes. Whether you are looking to expand, develop or dispose of, or invest in a telecommunications business, our specialist Corporate Commercial team can help you to get it where you want it to be.
We have a successful track record in advising owner managed businesses, SMEs and larger companies (including PLCs) on corporate, financial, transactional and organisational issues.
Providing Advice on Shareholder Protection and Shareholder’s Agreements
We advise clients across all sectors on the merits of having a Shareholders’ Agreement. In a rapidly growing and changing industry, such as telecommunications, it is even more important to have a Shareholders’ Agreement in place to allow business owners to regulate their relationship with each other, the company and its directors.
A Shareholders’ Agreement not only helps to mitigate against costly and potentially damaging shareholder disputes, should they arise, it also structures shareholder exits and business sales should the shareholders wish to sell the company or its business in the future.
Mobile Phone Mast Leases and Commercial Contracts
Many of our Agricultural and Commercial Property clients are approached by mobile phone mast operators with requests and proposals to place mobile phone masts on their land to help improve the quality of mobile phone signals as well as 3G and 4G coverage in the UK.
Unlike standard commercial contracts and leases, telecommunication agreements can be complicated and can place a range of specific, and sometimes onerous, conditions on landowners. Mast operators are also granted certain rights under the Electronic Communications Code. It is, therefore, vital that you have peace of mind that your rights and interests are protected.
Our Commercial and Property teams can help you understand telecoms lease agreements and assist you with the negotiation of the necessary contracts associated with the operation and management of masts and mast sites.
We can assist you with negotiating:
- Heads of Terms;
- Management Contracts;
- Lease Renewals; and
If you already have a mobile phone mast on your land, it is advisable to revisit the terms of your agreements and leases at regular intervals to ensure that you are receiving fair and current market rates as well as the protection you require to allow you to deal with your property in the way you want to in the future. The commercial contracts and leases concerning older masts, and mast sites, can be significantly out of date, often leaving landowners with relatively low rental incomes.
Our Approach to Telecommunications
We will provide you with practical, commercial and strategic advice on the full range of legal issues.
From the outset, we will work closely with you to ensure that we have agreed on objectives and defined a clear roadmap. This means that any work completed is focused on achieving a specific goal.
We will then provide you with a clear cost estimate. This will continue throughout the whole process so that you are kept informed and can make appropriate decisions.
Our team will make sure that all advice provided is clear and that in some circumstances a common-sense approach is often required.
Our team of IT Solicitors are ranked by the prestigious Legal 500. In addition, Partners in our team are recommended by the Legal 500. Therefore, you can be reassured that you will deal with some of the best Commercial Solicitors in the country.
Why Work With Our IT/Technology Team
- Myerson Solicitors' IT lawyers can provide businesses with extensive legal advice and support on a wide range of IT-related matters.
- We are highly skilled in matters relating to data protection, ensuring that businesses comply with relevant legislation such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- We can also provide expert guidance on software licensing, reselling, and development.
- Other areas of expertise include e-commerce, intellectual property, and technology-related disputes.
- Working with Myerson Solicitors means you'll have access to legal experts who can support and help your business stay ahead of the curve in today's ever-evolving digital landscape.
- An alternative to the major, regional, and national firms by offering high-quality Technology law advice from specialist solicitors, but on a much more cost-effective basis.
- By working closely with our IT clients, we can ensure we meet their expectations regarding business operations, providing clear and specialist expertise. We are easy to deal with and understand that a common-sense approach is often required.
- Extensive experience in dealing with a broad range of IT disputes, such as data protection and software development issues, giving businesses fast and helpful advice based on knowledge of your business, its history, and pressures.
- A partner-led service and a genuinely accessible team of experienced IT law solicitors due to our size, structure, and unique culture.
Meet Our IT Technology Solicitors
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or City firms. Our IT Technology lawyers are experts in their fields and respected by their peers.
Carla is a Partner and Head of our Commercial Team
Richard is a Senior Associate in our Commercial Team
Olivia is a Solicitor within our Commercial Team
Karam Bhatti is a Trainee Solicitor in our Commercial Team
Contact Myerson Solicitors
Latest Myerson IT / Technology News
Intellectual property ( IP ) has the potential to drive the growth and value for your business by delivering competitive advantages and creating new revenue streams. Understanding what IP your business has and identifying its strategic importance...Read Blog
It’s safe to say that AI has been dominating the news lately, particularly over the past 12 months, with the launch of AI applications such as ChatGPT. As AI systems have become more ‘mainstream’, we have seen an increase in pressure on Governments...Read Blog
Last month, it was announced that Manchester United had agreed to a new front-of-shirt sponsor, which will see them boast the logo of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc's product, Snapdragon. This news follows the announcement in August 2022 that the two...Read Blog
The Data Protection Commission (DPC), Ireland's data protection regulator, has fined TikTok Technology Limited (TikTok) €345 million for breaching the EU GDPR's principle of fairness and requirements for data protection by design and default when...Read Blog