Our Software Development Services
Whether you are in the business of developing bespoke software solutions or are looking to instruct a software house to develop a new software solution within your business, our software development lawyers can help with the software development process and advise on key issues.
Our software development solicitors can advise on the following areas:
- Project milestones and timelines and the consequences if these are not met.
- Ownership and protection of intellectual property.
- Software licensing.
- Acceptance testing and issues arising post-acceptance.
- Contract management, negotiation, and project delivery.
- Data privacy.
Our Software Development Experience
Recent examples of our software development service, and expertise include the following:
- Assisting a new start up with contractual arrangements for the development of software to be integrated with and deployed as an automated vehicle scanning solution.
- Advising a software developer on the transfer of ownership of intellectual property rights in jointly developed software and the subsequent commercialisation of the software and royalty payments to be triggered from such sales.
- Advising a software developer on the development and deployment of a software solution with a local council.
- A collaboration agreement for the development of platform software to be integrated with websites and portals, advising on escrow requirements and IP ownership.
- Development of a cyber-security training solution on the Salesforce platform.
- Development of downloadable software which integrates with third party software for the provision of records and reports into bandwidth usage; and
- Software development agreements for the agile development of a hosted environment and software, capable of flexing to meet demands on the service at any time.
Why Work With Our IT/Technology Team
- Myerson Solicitors' IT lawyers can provide businesses with extensive legal advice and support on a wide range of IT-related matters.
- We are highly skilled in matters relating to data protection, ensuring that businesses comply with relevant legislation such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- We can also provide expert guidance on software licensing, reselling, and development.
- Other areas of expertise include e-commerce, intellectual property, and technology-related disputes.
- Working with Myerson Solicitors means you'll have access to legal experts who can support and help your business stay ahead of the curve in today's ever-evolving digital landscape.
- An alternative to the major, regional, and national firms by offering high-quality Technology law advice from specialist solicitors, but on a much more cost-effective basis.
- By working closely with our IT clients, we can ensure we meet their expectations regarding business operations, providing clear and specialist expertise. We are easy to deal with and understand that a common-sense approach is often required.
- Extensive experience in dealing with a broad range of IT disputes, such as data protection and software development issues, giving businesses fast and helpful advice based on knowledge of your business, its history, and pressures.
- A partner-led service and a genuinely accessible team of experienced IT law solicitors due to our size, structure, and unique culture.
Meet Our IT Technology Solicitors
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or City firms. Our IT Technology lawyers are experts in their fields and respected by their peers.
Carla is a Partner and Head of our Commercial Team
Richard is a Senior Associate in our Commercial Team
Olivia is a Solicitor within our Commercial Team
Karam Bhatti is a Trainee Solicitor in our Commercial Team
Contact Myerson Solicitors
Latest Myerson IT / Technology News
Intellectual property ( IP ) has the potential to drive the growth and value for your business by delivering competitive advantages and creating new revenue streams. Understanding what IP your business has and identifying its strategic importance...Read Blog
It’s safe to say that AI has been dominating the news lately, particularly over the past 12 months, with the launch of AI applications such as ChatGPT. As AI systems have become more ‘mainstream’, we have seen an increase in pressure on Governments...Read Blog
Last month, it was announced that Manchester United had agreed to a new front-of-shirt sponsor, which will see them boast the logo of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc's product, Snapdragon. This news follows the announcement in August 2022 that the two...Read Blog
The Data Protection Commission (DPC), Ireland's data protection regulator, has fined TikTok Technology Limited (TikTok) €345 million for breaching the EU GDPR's principle of fairness and requirements for data protection by design and default when...Read Blog