Akeel specialises in Corporate and Commercial work acting for a range of public companies, private companies, partnerships, trusts and other unincorporated bodies.
Akeel advises on:
- Mergers, acquisitions and sales;
- Joint ventures, equity investment and business start-ups (including shareholder arrangements);
- Placing of shares (whether public or private) and AIM;
- Share options and share buy-backs;
- Business or group restructuring/reorganisation;
- Commercial lending (security, priority, funding arrangements and guarantees);
- Corporate recovery and insolvency work;
- Shareholder disputes;
- Partnership issues (including normal trading partnerships, limited liability partnerships and limited partnerships);
- Franchising (acting for franchisors and franchisees). Myerson Solicitors LLP is affiliated to the British Franchise Association;
Akeel has a first class honours degree from Manchester University and gained a distinction (first class pass) on the Legal Practice Course.
After completing his studies, he worked in the corporate departments of Rowlands and then Eversheds before joining Myerson in 2001.
Expertise and Past Cases
In addition to his Corporate expertise, Akeel has years of experience advising clients on a wide range of commercial matters, including:
Distribution agreements, supply of goods and services, general terms and conditions and a variety of bespoke trading/commercial contracts;
Intellectual property licensing, exploitation and protection (e.g. copyright, trademarks, patents, registered designs, design rights and confidential information);
Software licensing, development and hosting contracts and other IT related arrangements
Website and e-commerce terms and conditions