Chris previously worked at City Centre firms Eversheds and Pinsent Masons. He also headed the Corporate and Commercial team at JMW and now joins Myerson with nearly 30 years of experience in Corporate and Commercial Law.
He specialises in Corporate and Commercial work acting for clients on all aspects of corporate law, particularly mergers and acquisitions, sales, management buyouts, takeovers and flotations.
Chris was the main lawyer portrayed in the Netflix film "bank of Dave" by Joel Fry. Chris led the way on all aspects of the legal work surrounding the FCA and banking.
Chris advises on:
- Mergers, acquisitions and sales;
- Joint ventures, equity investment and business start-ups (including shareholder arrangements);
- Placing of shares (whether public or private) and flotation on the London stock markets;
- Share options and share buy-backs;
- Business or group restructuring, and more
Chris has worked extensively for regulated (and some unregulated) financial services businesses, private equity houses/funds and property clients since the late 1990s and worked for several years in-house at a regulated UK asset management firm where he advised on the legal aspects of the investments made by the firm and headed the compliance function.