Our Construction Contracts Service
Our construction solicitors advise on procurement strategy, building contracts and disputes for building, construction, and engineering projects.
Our construction lawyers provide legal assistance to clients across a range of sectors, including residential, commercial, leisure, education, industrial, energy, retail, and infrastructure.
As part of the property team, our construction contract service covers all aspects of the development and construction process, from inception to completion and beyond.
Our construction contract lawyers can provide or review construction documents so that they will give you all the protection and comfort that you need for your project and, where necessary, will enable you to secure appropriate funding solutions.
Our construction contract solicitors act for contractors and sub-contractors, reviewing construction contracts, advising on the terms, analysing key risks, and managing them.
Myerson’s expert construction team completely focus on your agenda - what's important to you, the challenges, the opportunities, and how we can help.
Our trusted team of construction solicitors can assist with the following:
Our Approach to Construction Contracts
Our construction solicitors input goes beyond pure contract drafting and encompasses strategic advice and risk management based on our extensive experience.
Myerson are recognised for being pragmatic, commercial, and getting the deal done.
Our construction lawyers appreciate that it is not a great use of your time drafting and negotiating contracts.
Our construction team can free up your time to concentrate on what you do best, and you can be confident that you will be given the solutions you need when you need them.
You will have a committed team who will be focused on achieving your milestones and will work with you for the construction project's duration.
Our style is to be proactive and work with you and your other advisers to achieve your objectives.
As expert construction contract solicitors, we aim to add value by facilitating the development process rather than hindering it.
Why Work With Our Construction Lawyers?
- We have been ranked as a Top Tier law firm by the Legal 500 for the last seven years.
- You will have access to construction experts in the Myerson Construction Group.
- You will receive city-quality construction legal advice at regional prices.
- Our construction lawyers provide a partner-led service to ensure you receive the best legal advice and commercially minded support.
- Our construction solicitors have a large team of qualified solicitors which can meet your deadlines.
- Our construction dispute solicitiors understand that each matter is bespoke to your unique circumstances and that you need support from a construction lawyer experienced in dealing with various clients and types of work.
- We are a full-service law firm operating from a one-site office, which means our teams communicate effectively and efficiently.
- Our construction team use the latest technology to ensure that they are working as efficiently as possible, and that geographical distance will not prevent us from providing excellent client service.
- Look at the Myerson Promise for further benefits of working with us here.
Construction Contract Case Studies
- Our team of construction solicitors acted for a public/private joint venture developer on a £100M project in the North West which includes extensive infrastructure works and a link road to unlock the site. The project includes a 25-acre industrial park and 500 homes. The Myerson team were working with the developer on the complex phasing of the construction contracts and professional team appointments as well as supporting the client on the funding arrangements.
- Our construction team has advised a major Manchester-based residential developer on preparing and updating a suite of standard precedent documentation for use on their projects including sub-contracts, appointments, collateral warranties, guarantees and standard forms for notices. Our construction contract solicitors provided support on the negotiation of contract documentation with multiple parties including high-value sub-contract packages and warranties. Our construction lawyers also regularly provided strategic support on contentious matters, insolvency, and insurance issues.
- Our construction solicitors have recently been advising the owners in relation to the re-cladding of the building in addition to internal fire protection works arising out of the Grenfell Tower tragedy. This has included legal advice in relation to the procurement of the works including compliance with the government’s complex funding requirements.
- Our construction experts acted for a client in relation to the construction of a new transport maintenance depot. The development includes extensive external lorry/trailer parking and associated wash, refuelling and storage areas. Our team of construction solicitors advised on all aspects of the construction documents including the professional appointments, the building contract and funding agreements.
Contact Myerson Solicitors
Latest Myerson Construction Law News
It has been expected for some time, but finally, the JCT has announced that it will be updating its suite of contracts , and it will be the JCT 2024 Edition which is likely to be published in the spring. The likely publication date is expected to...Read Blog
On Friday, 5 May 2023, the Technology and Construction Court ("TCC") handed down its Judgment in the case of FK Construction Ltd v ISG Retail Ltd. The Judgment acts as a reminder of the few situations in which set off may arise in proceedings to...Read Blog
The question of insurance is often a reoccurring issue when it comes to the procurement of fit-out works to a premises that forms part of a larger multi-let building. Tenants need to consider insurance for the existing building and insurance for...Read Blog
On 21 March 2023, the Technology and Construction Court ("TCC") handed down its judgment in the case of Elements (Europe) Ltd v FK Building Ltd. The judgment focuses on the validity of a payment application and provides clarity as to what is meant...Read Blog
Myerson have advised Matillion in relation to their office relocation to Two New Bailey in the Salford gateway site, which is the latest extension to Manchester’s Central Business District. Matillion have taken a 10-year lease of 27,000 sq ft from...Read News