Joanne has experience in a wide range of commercial property matters, including acquisitions and disposals of business premises, commercial leases (acting for both landlord and tenant) and secured lending.
Joanne studied Law at the University of Nottingham and gained a first-class honours degree.
She then obtained a distinction in the Legal Practice Course from Nottingham Law School before training and qualifying at DLA Piper in Manchester. She joined Myerson in 2007.
Expertise and Past Cases
Examples of her work include the following:
- Acting for a bank in relation to the refinancing of a portfolio of 28 residential and commercial properties;
- Acting in relation to the purchase and onward sale of a new-build hotel premises for £2.5 million;
- Acting in relation to the sale of a portfolio of investment properties valued at £7 million;
- Acting for numerous individuals and property companies on the letting and asset management of their investment properties;
- Acting for the three owners of a multi-let industrial estate on the joint sale of their interests;
- Acting in relation to the purchase and subsequent refinancing of an industrial estate;
- Acting for the tenant of a large commercial unit on a new letting including advising on the structure of the transaction and related stamp duty land tax exposure;
- Acting for the tenant in relation to an agreement to surrender a long leasehold interest in a plot of land in return for a premium and release of liability but conditional upon planning permission being obtained by the ultimate purchaser of the freehold interest in the land.