Our Collaboration Agreement Service
Unlocking Potential through Collaboration Agreements
Understanding the landscape of business, we acknowledge how fruitful collaborations with other businesses can stimulate innovation and yield remarkable results. Collaboration Agreements serve as a powerful tool to maximise potential opportunities for your business while safeguarding against the uncertainties of new partnerships.
Our seasoned commercial experts can guide you through potential risks and provide advice on the multitude of issues that could arise during the process of business collaborations.
Safeguarding Business Interests through Collaboration Agreements
Entering into a collaboration can seem daunting, but you can rest assured that our specialists will work tirelessly to protect your business's confidential information and intellectual property rights.
Through our Collaboration Agreements services, we ensure that both parties fulfil their commitments and that your business interests remain secure throughout the collaboration.
Expertise in Collaboration Agreements Matters
We specialise in a variety of areas related to Collaboration Agreements, including:
- Safeguarding intellectual property rights
- Managing confidential information disclosure
- Licensing intellectual property rights and managing royalties
- Establishing suitable corporate structures
- Creating terms and conditions for the supply of goods and services
Key Components of Collaboration Agreements
We offer advice on a broad range of aspects that should be addressed in a Collaboration Agreement, such as:
- Product specifications, deliverables, and service or product warranties
- Ownership and transfers of intellectual property rights
- Consequences of non-performance
- Revenue sharing and commission structures
- Contract duration, termination rights, and limitations on liability
Industry-Specific Experience with Collaboration Agreements
Our commercial solicitors possess a wealth of experience in dealing with collaboration agreements in a range of sectors.
- Technology, Research and Design. Our commercial team have drafted collaboration agreements for a variety of technology companies engaging with individuals, Universities and service providers within and outside of their sector.
- We have assisted in drafting agreements for the collaboration on research into the use of waste products and the subsequent development of machines to recycle such waste products into biofuels and other products.
- We have advised a product manufacturer on the terms of an undergraduate secondment agreement for an R&D project.
- We have assisted software and service providers in the development and delivery of platforms, cloud services and software applications. Our expertise in the technology sector enables us to prepare agreements that reflect the market our clients operate within.
- Life Sciences. Our commercial team have assisted a variety of companies operating within the Life Sciences sector with their collaborative innovations and services, including:
- assisting a scientific analytical company on the acquisition of laboratory facilities,
- advising a PPE business on going to market, putting in place shareholder protection, and ensuring that intellectual property licences are in place.
- Our commercial team provide ongoing advice and assistance to product manufacturers who have a need to collaborate with third parties to develop products, including via Toll Manufacturing.
With our rich experience and a keen understanding of the specifics of your sector, we stand ready to optimise your business collaborations. Contact us today for expert advice on Collaboration Agreements.
Why Work With Our Commercial Team
- We have been ranked as a Top Tier law firm by the Legal 500 for the last seven years and recognised as a Top 200 Law Firm in 2022.
- You will have access to 10 commercial lawyers across the Myerson Commercial Group that can help with issues relating to commercial contracts, consultancy agreements, distribution arrangements and franchising.
- You will receive city-quality commercial legal advice and commercial services at regional prices.
- We provide a partner-led service to ensure you receive the best commercial legal advice and support.
- We have a large and proactive commercial team which can meet your deadlines.
- We understand that each matter is unique to your circumstances and that you need support from a commercial lawyer experienced in dealing with various clients and types of work.
- We are a full-service law firm operating from a one-site office, which means our teams communicate effectively and efficiently. Our commercial team often assists with commercial property and IT / Technology matters.
- Our commercial team use the latest technology to ensure that we are working as efficiently as possible, and that geographical distance does not prevent us from providing excellent legal advice and client service.
- Our commercial lawyers were the winners of ‘Corporate Commercial Team of the Year 2021’ at the Manchester Legal Awards.
- Look at the Myerson Promise for further benefits of working with us here.
Meet Our Commercial Solicitors
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or City firms. Our specialists are experts in their fields and respected by their peers.
Carla is a Partner and Head of our Commercial Team
Richard is a Senior Associate in our Commercial Team
Olivia is a Solicitor within our Commercial Team
Karam Bhatti is a Trainee Solicitor in our Commercial Team
Megan Powers is a Legal PA in the Corporate and Commercial Teams
Contact Myerson Solicitors
Latest Myerson Commercial Law News
Intellectual property ( IP ) has the potential to drive the growth and value for your business by delivering competitive advantages and creating new revenue streams. Understanding what IP your business has and identifying its strategic importance...Read Blog
When appointing a subcontractor, a supplier’s key concern is ensuring seamless delivery of the services per the requirements of the main contract in place with their client. In this article, our Commercial Solicitors have identified five essential...Read Blog
As we predicted in our annual horizon scanning article at the start of the year 2023: A Year of Focus on Online Advertising, Influencers and Greenwashing (myerson.co.uk) – 2023 has been a year of regulatory focus on the advertising and marketing...Read Blog
The Information Commissioner’s Office ( ICO ) has issued fines totalling £590,000 to five companies for collectively making 1.9 million unwanted direct marketing calls which targeted the elderly and people with vulnerabilities, thereby infringing...Read Blog
Last month, it was announced that Manchester United had agreed to a new front-of-shirt sponsor, which will see them boast the logo of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc's product, Snapdragon. This news follows the announcement in August 2022 that the two...Read Blog