The Importance of NDAs in Business
Your confidential information is the lifeblood of your business, a vital asset that, if mishandled, could severely compromise your competitive standing and future opportunities. As such, every disclosure - to service providers, potential partners, or even your own employees - requires stringent measures of protection.
You may need to share information while:
- Seeking funding for a new product, app, or service.
- Discussing key aspects of your business with potential suppliers or manufacturers.
- Collaborating with essential service providers like IT support or outsourced functions.
- Considering a potential sale, acquisition, or investment of a business or company. (our corporate department deals with all types of these transactions).
- Sharing critical business details with your employees to aid their performance (our employment department deals with all aspects of employer/employee confidentiality agreements)
Although information sharing often leads to fruitful collaboration, it's paramount to shield your business from potential misuse of such data. At Myerson Solicitors, we help you navigate these waters safely with carefully crafted, legally enforceable NDAs and Confidentiality Agreements, securing your proprietary information during all business discussions.
The Need for Tailored Agreements
Generic templates often fall short of providing the depth of protection your business requires, leaving you vulnerable to potential breaches without appropriate recourse. At Myerson Solicitors, we firmly believe in the need for an NDA that is not only legally enforceable but also tailored to the specific context of each disclosure.
Our confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement specialists excel in advising on, drafting, and negotiating NDAs that provide the maximum level of protection for your business. We address key considerations, including:
- Defining what constitutes 'confidential information' and outlining exceptions.
- Establishing the 'purpose' that the confidential information can be used for to prevent misuse.
- Assessing whether the agreement should be unilateral (where only one party discloses confidential information) or mutual (where both parties share confidential information).
- Specifying the duration of the confidentiality obligations.
- Outlining penalties and remedies for any breach of the agreement.
Trust Myerson Solicitors Commercial lawyers to help safeguard your business information with comprehensive, effective confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements tailored to your unique business context.
Why Work With Our Commercial Team
- We have been ranked as a Top Tier law firm by the Legal 500 for the last seven years and recognised as a Top 200 Law Firm in 2022.
- You will have access to 10 commercial lawyers across the Myerson Commercial Group that can help with issues relating to commercial contracts, consultancy agreements, distribution arrangements and franchising.
- You will receive city-quality commercial legal advice and commercial services at regional prices.
- We provide a partner-led service to ensure you receive the best commercial legal advice and support.
- We have a large and proactive commercial team which can meet your deadlines.
- We understand that each matter is unique to your circumstances and that you need support from a commercial lawyer experienced in dealing with various clients and types of work.
- We are a full-service law firm operating from a one-site office, which means our teams communicate effectively and efficiently. Our commercial team often assists with commercial property and IT / Technology matters.
- Our commercial team use the latest technology to ensure that we are working as efficiently as possible, and that geographical distance does not prevent us from providing excellent legal advice and client service.
- Our commercial lawyers were the winners of ‘Corporate Commercial Team of the Year 2021’ at the Manchester Legal Awards.
- Look at the Myerson Promise for further benefits of working with us here.
Meet Our Commercial Solicitors
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or City firms. Our specialists are experts in their fields and respected by their peers.
Carla is a Partner and Head of our Commercial Team
Richard is a Senior Associate in our Commercial Team
Olivia is a Solicitor within our Commercial Team
Karam Bhatti is a Trainee Solicitor in our Commercial Team
Megan Powers is a Legal PA in the Corporate and Commercial Teams
Contact Myerson Solicitors
Latest Myerson Commercial Law News
Intellectual property ( IP ) has the potential to drive the growth and value for your business by delivering competitive advantages and creating new revenue streams. Understanding what IP your business has and identifying its strategic importance...Read Blog
When appointing a subcontractor, a supplier’s key concern is ensuring seamless delivery of the services per the requirements of the main contract in place with their client. In this article, our Commercial Solicitors have identified five essential...Read Blog
As we predicted in our annual horizon scanning article at the start of the year 2023: A Year of Focus on Online Advertising, Influencers and Greenwashing (myerson.co.uk) – 2023 has been a year of regulatory focus on the advertising and marketing...Read Blog
The Information Commissioner’s Office ( ICO ) has issued fines totalling £590,000 to five companies for collectively making 1.9 million unwanted direct marketing calls which targeted the elderly and people with vulnerabilities, thereby infringing...Read Blog
Last month, it was announced that Manchester United had agreed to a new front-of-shirt sponsor, which will see them boast the logo of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc's product, Snapdragon. This news follows the announcement in August 2022 that the two...Read Blog