Nichola advises on a wide range of family matters, including divorce and high net-worth financial settlements, separation, co-habitation, pre-nuptial agreements, complex disputes regarding children, fertility law and surrogacy law.
She is particularly experienced in international family law, including cross-border children disputes, having dealt with cases in Israel, New Zealand, Australia, Turks & Caicos, South Africa, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Syria and the USA.
Nichola is a specialist in fertility and surrogacy law, which includes assisting parents with Parental Orders. As well as advising individuals on their chosen route to parenthood, Nichola regularly assists fertility clinics to help them navigate the ever-changing legal and regulatory requirements. She is a member of the UK & Ireland LGBT Family Law Institute, an association of leading barristers and solicitors who work in the specialist area of LGBT Family Law.
Nichola also has a wealth of experience in dealing with complex agricultural farming divorces and has strong links with the local farming community and farming experts in the North West.
She has significant advocacy experience, having appeared in Court regularly, which is extremely useful when negotiating the best result for her clients.
Nichola is a committed member of Resolution and has achieved specialist accreditation in complex financial remedies and private children law.
Nichola has been named within the Legal 500 as a ‘Rising Star’ for the last three years running. She has been described as ‘always very well prepared’ and has ‘good attention to detail whilst not losing sight of the bigger picture. She gives robust advice but always maintains good relationships with her clients’.
Nichola has been practising family law since 2008 and has worked at highly regarded practices in Cheshire and Lancashire. Nichola joined Myerson in 2012 and was promoted to Senior Solicitor in 2015, and is now a Partner at the firm.
Expertise and Past Cases
Examples of Nichola’s recent cases:-
- Representing the husband on an enforcement of a financial consent order where there were unpaid sums exceeding £2 million.
- Representing the wife in a multimillion-pound agricultural/farming divorce.
- Representing the husband who had substantial successful claims upon his wife’s business and pension.
- Representing a Swiss father, to secure him adequate contact with his daughter in the UK.
- Representing Grandparents to secure a Child Arrangements Order for their grandchildren to live with them permanently.
- Representing the father in a complex cross-jurisdictional forum, habitual residence and contact dispute.
- Assisting a couple who were applying for a Parental Order in respect of their surrogate children when their domicile was in question.
IS (A Minor) v DBS & Another  EWCH 219
Stock v Stock and Stock  EWHC 3174 (Fam)