Karen acts for property owners, commercial landlords and tenants, developers and high net worth individuals in resolving a range of commercial property disputes.
Karen has a particular focus on proactive commercial property management, advising in connection with lease renewals, breaks and forfeiture actions, claims for rent and service charge arrears and disputes arising from alienation and dilapidations issues. Karen also assists clients with property development matters, including adverse possession, easements and restrictive covenants.
Karen has over 10 years’ property litigation experience. She trained at a national firm in Manchester City Centre and spent 10 years at a niche commercial property practice as an Associate Partner. Karen developed her experience at a regional firm before joining Myerson in 2021. She is a member of the Property Litigation Association.
Expertise and Past Cases
Karen has particular expertise in advising landlords and tenants in relation to rent arrears, dilapidations, break rights, forfeiture, alienation and lease renewals. Karen also assists clients with claims arising out of adverse possession, easements and covenants.
Highlights of Karen’s recent work include:
- Advising a commercial logistics company in relation to various repair issues and its landlord’s breach of an agreement to carry out works.
- Advising a property developer in relation to its claim for misrepresentation against a seller following an auction purchase. The contract was successfully rescinded and the client recovered its deposit and costs.
- Advising a community group in relation to potential options available to it to prevent the purchase by a residential developer of open land used by the community.
- Successfully forfeiting a commercial lease on grounds of disrepair.
- Acting for an investment landlord with regards to regularising the occupation of tenants on an industrial estate.