Eleanor advises on a wide range of probate disputes including will validity challenges, claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 and advising beneficiaries and executors when a dispute has arisen.
Eleanor studied American Studies at the University of Nottingham before undertaking her legal training in Manchester. She trained at JMW Solicitors before moving to Linder Myers in 2015 to specialise in Contentious Trusts and Estates. Eleanor joined the Probate Litigation department at Myerson in 2018. Eleanor is an Associate Member of the Association of Contentious Trusts and Probate Solicitors.
Expertise and Past Cases
Eleanor has a wide range of experience of probate litigation including:
- Acting for clients challenging or defending the validity of a will due to lack of capacity, undue influence, fraud and improper execution
- Acting on behalf of claimants and defendants in relation to claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Acting on behalf of executors or personal representatives when a dispute has arisen between the beneficiaries or there is a claim against the estate
- Acting on behalf of claimants and defendants in relation to estoppel claims
- Acting on behalf of beneficiaries in claims against executors or trustees including negotiated settlements and applications for the removal of an executor
- Negotiating the sale of property and distribution of chattels where a dispute has arisen and litigation is threatened