Terry joined Myerson in 2015 as a member of the Corporate Commercial department and has since developed particular expertise in mergers, acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures and equity investments, partnership law, international agency and distribution agreements, software licensing, intellectual property and franchising.
Terry also assists clients with shareholders agreements, group re-organisations, share option schemes, commercial lending, supply of goods and services, website terms and conditions and other general corporate and commercial matters.
Terry is known for giving clear, commercial advice and effectively communicating complex issues.
Terry studied History and Irish Studies at the University of Liverpool and was awarded a first-class honours degree. He went on to obtain a Commendation on the Graduate Diploma in Law and a Distinction on the Legal Practice Course.
Terry undertook his training with a local law firm specialising in litigation and, as part of his training, was seconded to Bermans, where he undertook a Corporate Commercial seat.
On qualification, Terry joined Riverview Law, where he worked exclusively on a retainer for a FTSE 100 company on commercial contracts.
Expertise and Past Cases
Recent transactions which Terry has acted on include:
- Acting for a major shareholder of a premier league football club in relation to the sale of his shares.
- The purchase of the UK, European and Asian subsidiaries of an international technical staffing agency from its US owners.
- Acting for a large veterinary practice in respect of a merger with another veterinary business and advising on general partnership law, including revising the group’s partnership agreements, thereafter.
- Advising in connection with a private equity investment in a European consultancy business and advising on its future expansion into the Middle East, including new business streams and establishing a branch in Dubai.
- Advising on complex cross-border agency and distribution agreements for a company specialising in products for the oil industry.
- Advising and negotiating a complex separation of intellectual property rights and the acquisition of shares.