Mark has advised commercial clients for over 20 years on a wide range of commercial property matters.
Mark has developed a strong reputation for expertise in real estate secured lending and development finance, supported by a strong background of asset management and commercial development experience.
Mark joined Myerson in 2016 from national firm Laytons, where he was Head of Property in the Manchester office for over 8 years.
Expertise and Past Cases
Recent examples of his work include:
- Acting for a pension scheme on the acquisition of a portfolio of let commercial investment properties. The project involved corrective action being taken to vary a number of the leases, to correct defective drafting, to reflect the pension scheme requirements.
- Acting for a landowner on a site assembly exercise of a mixed use site for development and the subsequent negotiation of a conditional option subject to planning for the development of in excess of 240 residential units and commercial space.
- Developing an innovative and effective programme for taking security over volume ground rent portfolios to reduce due diligence costs through the use of title/search indemnity insurance.
- Acting for rural landowners on the grant of options for an innovative underground gas storage scheme.
- Acting for a developer of a mixed use town centre scheme involving the conversion of vacant offices to residential apartments, creation of intermediate leasehold management framework, and subsequent disposal of the building by investment and ground rent sales.
- Acquisition of partially completed commercial scheme from receivers, and onward splitting and sale of completed units, with partial construction warranty package.
Our mission is your success! Our prevailing approach to the provision of legal services is underpinned by our knowledge and expertise.