Gemma qualified as a Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Solicitor in September 2019. She joined Myerson prior to starting her training contract with the firm in 2017.
During her training contract, she gained experience in the firm’s Real Estate, Family, Wills, Trusts & Probate and Corporate Commercial departments before qualifying with our Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution team.
Gemma has experience in a wide range of litigation matters, including contract disputes, professional negligence claims, shareholder and director disputes, franchise disputes, partnership disputes, intellectual property disputes, commercial agency matters, debt recovery and insolvency matters.
Gemma also speaks fluent French and assists our French-speaking clients with litigation matters.
Gemma studied French & History at the University of Leeds, then converted her degree to Law via the GDL, alongside gaining experience as a Paralegal. Gemma completed her Legal Practice Course (LPC) in June 2017 and achieved a Commendation from BPP University.
Expertise and Past Cases
Gemma acts for a wide range of clients, from individuals to large companies and she assists senior colleagues with various complex disputes, including:
- Acting for a number of property investors in professional negligence claims against their former solicitors
- Acting for a multinational company in defending a breach of contract claim from a supplier of machinery
- Acting for a number of disappointed beneficiaries of wills to pursue professional negligence claims against wills and probate solicitors
- Acting for a minority shareholder pursuing an unfair prejudice claim and derivative action against a sole director and majority shareholder of a company
- Acting for a foreign commercial agent to pursue a compensation claim following termination of his agency contract
- Advising a principal regarding the termination of a commercial agent
- Acting for an energy broker regarding the termination of a commercial contract
- Acting for a wedding venue in relation to claims by couples for refund of deposits paid
- Acting for a beneficiary of a will in a professional negligence claim against a contentious probate solicitor
- Acting for an individual in a professional negligence claim against a family solicitor
- Acting for departing shareholders in negotiating their exit from the company
- Advising an individual in relation to breach of a loan agreement
- Pursuing large debt recovery matters on behalf of companies
Our legal services are underpinned by our knowledge and expertise in the following areas.