We have a highly experienced and market leading team of specialists probate and inheritance lawyers.
Examples of recent cases our Probate and Inheritance Dispute team have worked on include:
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975. The team has successfully represented a range of claimants and estates on a number of high value and complex matters.
- Validity of wills. The team has advised a number of clients upon a broad range of issues relating to the validity of wills. Issues include capacity, undue influence, and the validity of a copy will.
- Professional negligence actions against solicitors relating to the negligent drafting of wills, and the negligent administration of estates.
- Rectification claims. The team has acted for disappointed beneficiaries advising upon rectification of wills.
- Bringing contested court applications to remove trustees of Will Trusts, including an application to prevent some trustees from exercising their discretion to make a capital payment.
- Bringing a claim for a declaration that a painting did not form part of the deceased’s estate.
- Bringing a claim on behalf of the deceased’s family regarding a disputed death bed Will.
- Acting for an individual in dispute with her sister over their uncle’s Will. One of the sisters claimed the Will was a forgery and handwriting experts had to be instructed. The dispute was settled at mediation with each sister acquiring half of the uncle’s estate.
If you have an issue you would like to discuss, please contact us or call 0161 941 4000 to speak with a member of our team.
We will be happy to discuss your matter on a no obligation basis, to establish how we can help. We often pursue claims on a “no win, no fee” basis.
Here’s what a small selection of our wills & probate dispute clients have to say about us.
“I would just like to pass on my sincere thanks to Ben and Amanda for your kind and extremely prompt attention to my enquiry. I was most impressed by your efficiency.
I would be pleased to use Myerson for any future legal needs, and I would have no hesitation in recommending Myerson to my colleagues and business partners.”
“I contacted Myerson about a contentious probate matter, as I had actually not been contacted back by a previous solicitor, that I had discussed the situation with. This left me feeling unconfident about being able to take the case forward.
Adam Maher and Ben Wilson thought that I had a good case, which I was extremely optimistic about. The matter was dealt with efficiently and quite quickly, with them informing me at every turn, what was going on.
I felt that they both worked hard to help me achieve a settlement, which for me, was more of a personal win, in context of my circumstances. As a bonus, they were able to gain some money from this case for me, which I didn’t actually feel at times, would be achieved. I am very happy with the outcome.
I would definitely recommend Adam and Ben, as I felt that they understood where I was coming from, and worked with great attention to detail to help me achieve what I set out to do.”
“I would just like to say what a great service I received from Ben Wilson and the team regarding the contesting of my mothers will. Ben Wilson worked so hard to get me my fair share without it going to court. I cannot thank him enough.”
How We Can Help
A member of our specialist team will be happy to help.
To discuss Our Experience & Testimonials issues, please either use the contact form on the right, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us today on +44(0)161 941 4000 to speak to a member of our team.