Our Portfolio and Estate Management Service
This might be requests by tenants to do things which require their landlord’s consent under their leases, lease renewals, or dealing with the exercise of rights contained in leases.
We are also able to assist surveyors on legal points in rent review, repair and other clauses.
Our commercial property solicitors can assist you with all aspects of the management of your property including:
- Dealing with the sale or purchase of a single property or groups of properties
- Dealing with the letting of property
- Acting in relation to applications for licences to assign, licences to grant underleases or licences for alterations
- Advising in connection with rent review provisions and the interpretation of clauses regarding rent reviews
- Advising on dilapidations and the return or reinstatement of premises
- Dealing with the funding or refinancing of the portfolio/estate
Our expert property litigators will support you with the following:
- Renewal leases pursuant to the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Bringing a forfeiture action
- Breach of covenant claims
- Recovery of rent arrears
- Dilapidations claims
- Right to light disputes
- Rent review disputes
- Possession claims
- Solicitor or surveyor negligence claims
- Tenant insolvency
- Nuisance and trespass claims
Myerson Property Portal
With the Myerson Property Portal, you gain a competitive edge in the rapidly evolving property landscape.
Our free portal will help you manage your properties with ease and efficiency by providing a seamless service wherever you are.
Not just a management tool, it's an essential companion for the modern investor seeking to optimise their portfolio while staying updated on the latest in the property world.
So, what are the benefits?
- Your own client area, giving you access to all your legal documents, conveniently accessible anytime, anywhere!
- Key legal information at your fingertips.
- Must read property news, blogs and videos.
- Access to free property events and training workshops.
- A comprehensive collection of helpful property documents and guides.
Why Work With Us?
- We have been ranked as a Top Tier law firm by the Legal 500 for the last seven years.
- Property investors and professionals can access our free and informative Property Portal.
- You will have access to more than 30 property experts across the Myerson Property Group, including commercial property, property litigation, construction, residential property conveyancing and development.
- You will receive city-quality commercial property legal advice at regional prices.
- We provide a partner-led service to ensure you receive the very best legal advice and commercially-minded support.
- We have a large team which is capable of meeting your deadlines.
- We understand that each transaction is bespoke to your individual circumstances and that you need support from a property lawyer who is experienced in dealing with a wide variety of clients and types of work.
- We are a full-service law firm operating from a one-site office, which means our teams communicate effectively and efficiently.
- We use the latest technology to ensure that we are working as efficiently as possible and that geographical distance is no bar to us from providing excellent client service.
- We were the winners of ‘Property Team of the Year 2021’ at the Manchester Legal Awards.
- We provide free newsletters and webinars to all our clients to keep you up to date with the real estate sector and changes in the law. Watch our latest property update webinar here.
- Take a look at the Myerson Promise for further benefits of working with us here.
Our Portfolio and Estate Management Experience
We act for clients requiring assistance with their property portfolios, whether these comprise a single property or numerous properties.
Our clients range from substantial private property companies with more than 500 tenants across the UK to those clients with small family investment portfolios.
Examples of our recent work include:
- Acting for a substantial private property company in the purchase of a multi-let Manchester office block for £6m and dealing with the occupational lease arrangements.
- Acting for a private property company in the management of their 500 tenant portfolio across the UK comprised dozens of separate properties, including sizeable industrial estates and office blocks.
- Acting for a private investor in relation to the purchase of a high street Bank investment property.
- Acting for a private property company in connection with renewal leases across their portfolio.
- Dealing with substantial dilapidations claims arising in relation to sizeable industrial premises.
- Dealing with issues arising from tenant insolvency.
- Considering and advising on applications received for consent to assign and underlet leases across portfolios, including dealing with the refusal of consent where lawful to do so.
Our Commercial Property Team
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or City firms. Our commercial property solicitors are experts in their fields and respected by their peers.
Joanne is a Partner and Head of our Commercial Property Team
Ian is a Legal Director in our Commercial Property Team
Charlotte is a Senior Associate in our Commercial Property Team
Sarah is a Senior Associate in our Commercial Property Team
Emily is a Senior Associate in our Commercial Property Team
Sarah is an Associate in our Commercial Property Team
Sidrah is an Associate in the Commercial Property Team
Donna is a Senior Legal PA in our Commercial Property Team
Jessica is a Legal PA in our Commercial Property Team
Contact Myerson Solicitors
Latest Myerson Commercial Property News
Landlords and tenants often agree to “extend” or “add on” some additional floor space to an existing lease during the term of an existing lease. It is a common misconception that such changes might be achieved by varying the lease and documented in...Read Blog
Myerson Solicitors are proud to have supported the highly anticipated re-opening of the Stolen Lamb restaurant in the heart of Wilmslow. Myerson’s expert Real Estate team , le d by Associate Sarah McNair, supported client George Hadjiyiannis in...Read News
It’s tough for most town centres at the moment, and it’s certainly no picnic for the hospitality and leisure industry, either. A lot of effort is required just to keep the lights on and draw in shoppers and customers. Property owners need to be...Read News
It’s safe to say the hospitality sector has seen its fair share of stressors in the last three years, including high inflation rates, soaring interest rates, rising utility costs and an increase in the cost of raw materials, to name a few. The hike...Read Blog
We are delighted to announce our support for our client Linden Stores on the launch of their brand-new family-run restaurant, wine bar and shop coming to Knutsford. Our dedicated Real Estate team, led by Associate Sarah McNair, supported clients...Read News
Many landlords will consider asking the tenant of a hospitality lease to provide a guarantor on the grant of the new lease. Guarantors offer some security to landlords in the event that the tenant doesn’t comply with the terms of the lease. They...Read Blog