Our Care Home Property Service
There is a growing demand for care services throughout the UK and that growth is expected to continue for many years.
This strong sector provides many opportunities for investors and providers and is a focus for many developers looking to optimise value. Care services can include care homes, residential homes, nursing homes and later living and supported living properties, to name a few.
We have acted for numerous developers and care home providers, and operators (large and small). We have helped them navigate the particular challenges that face care home developments, care home businesses and the properties they occupy, whether in terms of selling, buying or development and the optimal structures for so doing. Our knowledge and experience of the care home sector allow us to provide clear and practical advice to those already working within care services or looking to invest in or purchase a care services business.
We have substantial experience in providing construction advice about existing or new developments (to ensure sites are marketable and suitable for purchases and intended use), dealing with the transfer of leasehold interests, landlord consents, sales, leasebacks, as well as funding, refinancing and restructuring advice to meet the requirements of a care home business.
Our Corporate and Employment department colleagues can also assist in relation to care home business acquisitions and disposals (and the associated due diligence) and provide employment/HR advice, respectively.
Our experts across the firm can assist whether you are an existing operator requiring support or an investor looking to purchase a provider or its business in a landscape of ever-increasing regulatory demands.
Myerson Property Portal
With the Myerson Property Portal, you gain a competitive edge in the rapidly evolving property landscape.
Our free portal will help you manage your properties with ease and efficiency by providing a seamless service wherever you are.
Not just a management tool, it's an essential companion for the modern investor seeking to optimise their portfolio while staying updated on the latest in the property world.
So, what are the benefits?
- Your own client area, giving you access to all your legal documents, conveniently accessible anytime, anywhere!
- Key legal information at your fingertips.
- Must read property news, blogs and videos.
- Access to free property events and training workshops.
- A comprehensive collection of helpful property documents and guides.
Why Work with Our Commercial Property Team?
- We have been ranked as a top-tier law firm by the Legal 500 for the last seven years.
- Property investors and professionals can access our free and informative Property Portal.
- You will have access to more than 30 property experts across the Myerson Property Group, including commercial property, property litigation, construction, residential property conveyancing and development.
- You will receive city-quality commercial property legal advice at regional prices.
- We provide a partner-led service to ensure you receive the very best legal advice and commercially minded support.
- Our real estate lawyers are part of a large team which is capable of meeting your deadlines.
- Our commercial property lawyers understand that each transaction is bespoke to your individual circumstances and that you need support from a real estate solicitor who is experienced in dealing with a wide variety of clients and types of work.
- Our full-service law firm operates from a one-site office, which means our teams communicate effectively and efficiently.
- We use the latest technology to ensure that we are working as efficiently as possible, and that geographical distance is no bar to us from providing excellent client service.
- We were the winners of 'Property Team of the Year 2021' at the Manchester Legal Awards.
- We provide free newsletters and webinars to all our clients to keep you up-to-date with the real estate sector and changes in the law. Watch our latest property update webinar here.
- Take a look at the Myerson Promise for further benefits of working with us here.
Our Care Home Property Experience
Some recent transactions we have acted on include:-
- The purchase, development and disposal of a portfolio of 16 care homes to a fund
- The purchase, development and lease to an occupier of a substantial mental health care facility in Stoke on Trent
- Acting for a substantial retirement living developer in respect of the development of their properties
- The acquisition of a care home business from an owner-operator
Our Commercial Property Team
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or City firms. Our commercial property solicitors are experts in their fields and respected by their peers.
Joanne is a Partner and Head of our Commercial Property Team
Ian is a Legal Director in our Commercial Property Team
Charlotte is a Senior Associate in our Commercial Property Team
Sarah is a Senior Associate in our Commercial Property Team
Emily is a Senior Associate in our Commercial Property Team
Sarah is an Associate in our Commercial Property Team
Sidrah is an Associate in the Commercial Property Team
Donna is a Senior Legal PA in our Commercial Property Team
Jessica is a Legal PA in our Commercial Property Team
Contact Myerson Solicitors
Latest Myerson Commercial Property News
Landlords and tenants often agree to “extend” or “add on” some additional floor space to an existing lease during the term of an existing lease. It is a common misconception that such changes might be achieved by varying the lease and documented in...Read Blog
Myerson Solicitors are proud to have supported the highly anticipated re-opening of the Stolen Lamb restaurant in the heart of Wilmslow. Myerson’s expert Real Estate team , le d by Associate Sarah McNair, supported client George Hadjiyiannis in...Read News
It’s tough for most town centres at the moment, and it’s certainly no picnic for the hospitality and leisure industry, either. A lot of effort is required just to keep the lights on and draw in shoppers and customers. Property owners need to be...Read News
It’s safe to say the hospitality sector has seen its fair share of stressors in the last three years, including high inflation rates, soaring interest rates, rising utility costs and an increase in the cost of raw materials, to name a few. The hike...Read Blog
We are delighted to announce our support for our client Linden Stores on the launch of their brand-new family-run restaurant, wine bar and shop coming to Knutsford. Our dedicated Real Estate team, led by Associate Sarah McNair, supported clients...Read News
Many landlords will consider asking the tenant of a hospitality lease to provide a guarantor on the grant of the new lease. Guarantors offer some security to landlords in the event that the tenant doesn’t comply with the terms of the lease. They...Read Blog