We believe that development projects are always going to be team efforts, both within our commercial property team and, more importantly, with our clients and their contractors and professional teams.
Examples of our recent experience include;
- Acting for the developer of 2 St Peter’s Square, Manchester. This is a high profile scheme in the heart of Manchester opposite the Town Hall and Central Library and part of a significant redevelopment of the city centre to accommodate the second city tram line crossing and the relocation of the city’s cenotaph within the square. The scheme provided over 160,000 square feet of grade ”A” office space over 11 floors with ground floor retail and basement under croft parking and services facilities. We have worked with the owner/developer in facilitating the site assembly, obtaining vacant possession, dealing with party wall, rights of light and oversailing issues as well as the actual demolition and re-construction of the building, working particularly closely with the landlord’s construction and professional team. We have been dealt with all of the pre-letting of office and retail space at the building which was fully let shortly after practical completion of the works.
- Acting for the landlord of Sevendale House, Manchester in connection with the redevelopment of the property and the subsequent letting of the office space. The offices are spread over five floors. A variety of leases have been granted at the office complex including a substantial lease of several floors to Ticketmaster UK and also smaller office suites of around 1,000 square feet to small businesses.
- Dealing with the site assembly of a large brownfield regeneration site in the West Midlands. The site was assembled using a combination of conditional contract and option agreements and included addressing a number of complicated issues such as the remediation of the site and the absence of title to a strip of land running through the middle of the site.
- Acting for an owner-occupier in connection with the development of a 30,000 square feet building to house its rapidly expanding staff numbers including dealing with the land acquisition and construction of the building and associated services.
- Acting for the developer in connection with the redevelopment of a town centre anchored by a retail supermarket. This included dealing with the site assembly from a number of different landowners, liaising with the Local Authority and securing public realm works, putting in place an Agreement for Lease with the supermarket operator, dealing with the funding of the development and the forward sale to a pension fund.