Joint property ownership between unmarried couples, friends, parents and siblings is growing. Whether this is due to help to get on the property ladder, purchasing investment properties with friends, or inheriting property under a will, jointly owned properties have the potential for a difficult and upsetting ownership dispute in future years.
Myerson has a team of expert solicitors who can advise on property ownership disputes. We have a wide range of experience in these cases and can help you to understand your options and guide you through the process. We can help you in the following situations:
- Cohabiting Couples Property Ownership Disputes
- Married Or Civil Partners Property Ownership Disputes
- Engaged Couples Property Ownership Disputes
- Investment Property Ownership Disputes
Myerson offers a range of funding options for claims of this nature. Our fees are fair and transparent, and we are happy to discuss funding arrangements with you without obligation.
Watch the Property Ownership Disputes Video
Why Work With Our Property Ownership Dispute Team
- We have been ranked as a Top Tier law firm by the Legal 500 for the last seven years.
- You will have access to the full Property Litigation and Family law experts across Myerson.
- You will receive city-quality property and family legal advice at regional prices.
- We provide a partner-led service to ensure you receive the best legal advice and commercially-minded support.
- We have a large team which is capable of meeting your deadlines.
- We are a full-service law firm operating from a one-site office, which means our teams communicate effectively and efficiently.
- We use the latest technology to ensure that we are working as efficiently as possible and that geographical distance is no bar to us from providing excellent client service.
- We were the winners of ‘Property Team of the Year 2021’ at the Manchester Legal Awards.
- Look at the Myerson Promise for further benefits of working with us here.
Meet Our Property Ownership Dispute Solicitors
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or City firms. Our property ownership dispute lawyers are experts in their fields and respected by their peers.
Laura is a Partner and Head of our Property Litigation Team
Jane is a Partner and Head of the Family Law Team
Nichola is a Partner in our Family Law Team
Karen is a Senior Associate in our Property Litigation Team
Sarah is a Senior Associate in our Family Law Team
Jennifer is an Associate in our Property Litigation Team
Rachel is an Associate in our Family Law Team
Grace is an Associate in our Family Law Team
Vikki is a Solicitor in our Property Litigation Team
Book your consultation using the below enquiry form. Alternatively, you can call us on
Latest Myerson Property Ownership Disputes News
When a cohabiting couple separates, the parties often want to know what happens with the property. Are they able to sell it? How is the equity split between them? Ultimately, if the parties are unable to agree between themselves, then the Court has...Read Blog
When cohabiting couples separate , they often want to know what the process is for dealing with the property. The Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 ( ToLATA ) gives the court certain powers to resolve disputes about the ownership...Read Blog
Resolution is a group of family law professionals who are committed to promoting a constructive approach to family issues that consider the needs of the whole family. The annual Resolution Awareness Week takes place in the last week of November...Read Blog
The festive period is a time for families to come together. However, child contact arrangements over Christmas can be difficult to navigate for parents who have separated, particularly in reaching an agreement as to who spends time with the...Read Blog
There is a popular misconception that the payer needs to pay spousal maintenance pursuant to a joint lives order until the death, remarriage or cohabitation of his or her ex-spouse. Historically, joint lives orders were made to protect the...Read Blog