Early advice from one of our Employment lawyers could mean that redundancy can be avoided, that its effects can be minimised and that appropriate compensation is paid.
The law surrounding redundancy and redundancy payments is complex and in some circumstances (and with the correct strategic advice) can give rise to high value compensation or claims.
In addition, where 20 or more redundancies are made, employers have further obligations in relation to the information they must provide and the consultation they must carry out. Failure to do so can result in significant additional compensation for affected employees.
Our Employment lawyers have particular expertise in advising and representing groups of employees where employers (including insolvent employers) fail to take these additional steps.
- Advising over 600 employees in relation to their settlement agreements in a large scale voluntary redundancy exercise
- Advising a highly paid employee on the redundancy process their employer should have followed and representing the employee at the Employment Tribunal in relation to their claim of unfair dismissal
- Advising on enhanced redundancy terms that employees of a major employer are contractually entitled to, beyond statutory redundancy pay
- Advising on claims for unfair redundancy where employees have lost their employment because a contract has moved to a new supplier and TUPE is alleged to have applied
Our specialist team of employment solicitors is described in the independent Legal 500 directory as “excellent”. In addition, both Partners in our team are recommended by the Legal 500. Therefore, you can be reassured that you will deal with some of the best employment solicitors in the country.
We are determined and robust on your behalf, but also easy to deal with and clear in our advice. We will fight your corner but understand that a common sense approach is often required in order to find solutions that work for you in the context of your professional and personal circumstances.
In particular, we offer:
- Clear and straightforward advice.
- Cost-effective support and certainty on costs where you need it.
- Extensive experience of advising senior executives, directors, partners and others with complex employment concerns, including discrimination issues and group claims.
- A credible team that is used to dealing with and acting against large employers and law firms on behalf of our clients.
Our Approach to Costs
We know that clarity on costs is vitally important to our clients. As standard practice, we give our clients an estimate of the costs involved in undertaking any piece of work at the outset. We then provide costs updates on a regular basis.
Meet Our Specialists
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or City firms. Our specialists are experts in their fields and respected by their peers.
Jo is a Partner and Head of our Employment Team
Jo is a Partner in both our Employment and Compliance Teams
Charlotte is the Head of Myerson HR and a Partner in our Employment Team
Patrick is an Associate in our Employment Team
Jack is an Associate in our Employment Team
Vicki is a Solicitor in our Employment Team
Meghan is a Legal PA in our Employment Team
Latest News & Insights
Keep up-to-date with the latest legal news and our expert opinion.