Our Redundancy Service
Early advice from one of our Employment lawyers could mean that redundancy can be avoided, that its effects can be minimised and that appropriate compensation is paid.
The law surrounding redundancy and redundancy payments is complex and in some circumstances (and with the correct strategic advice) can give rise to high value compensation or claims.
In addition, where 20 or more redundancies are made, employers have further obligations in relation to the information they must provide and the consultation they must carry out. Failure to do so can result in significant additional compensation for affected employees.
Our Employment lawyers have particular expertise in advising and representing groups of employees where employers (including insolvent employers) fail to take these additional steps.
Our Experience with Redundancy
- Advising over 600 employees in relation to their settlement agreements in a large scale voluntary redundancy exercise
- Advising a highly paid employee on the redundancy process their employer should have followed and representing the employee at the Employment Tribunal in relation to their claim of unfair dismissal
- Advising on enhanced redundancy terms that employees of a major employer are contractually entitled to, beyond statutory redundancy pay
- Advising on claims for unfair redundancy where employees have lost their employment because a contract has moved to a new supplier and TUPE is alleged to have applied
Our Employment Approach
Our specialist team of employment solicitors is described in the independent Legal 500 directory as “excellent”. In addition, both Partners in our team are recommended by the Legal 500. Therefore, you can be reassured that you will deal with some of the best employment solicitors in the country.
We are determined and robust on your behalf, but also easy to deal with and clear in our advice. We will fight your corner but understand that a common sense approach is often required in order to find solutions that work for you in the context of your professional and personal circumstances.
In particular, we offer:
- Clear and straightforward advice.
- Cost-effective support and certainty on costs where you need it.
- Extensive experience of advising senior executives, directors, partners and others with complex employment concerns, including discrimination issues and group claims.
- A credible team that is used to dealing with and acting against large employers and law firms on behalf of our clients.
Our Approach to Costs
We know that clarity on costs is vitally important to our clients. As standard practice, we give our clients an estimate of the costs involved in undertaking any piece of work at the outset. We then provide costs updates on a regular basis.
Why Work With Our Employment Team?
In particular, our employment lawyers offer the following:
- City centre standards of employment law advice and service levels due to our policy of recruiting only the best specialist employment solicitors from leading firms.
- Clear and straightforward UK employment law advice that is user-friendly, pragmatic, and commercial.
- Extensive experience in dealing with various employers, employees, and employment law disputes, giving you fast, helpful counsel based on knowledge of your business, its history, and pressures.
- A credible team of employment law solicitors that are used to dealing with and providing legal representation against large employers and law firms on behalf of our clients.
- A partner-led service and a genuinely accessible team of experienced employment law solicitors due to our size, structure, and unique culture.
- Cost-effective support tailored to your unique employment issues and certainty on costs where you need it.
Meet Our Employment Solicitors
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or City firms. Our employment lawyers are experts in their fields and respected by their peers.
Jo is a Partner and Head of our Employment Team
Jo is a Partner in both our Employment and Compliance Teams
Charlotte is the Head of Myerson HR and a Partner in our Employment Team
Patrick is a Senior Associate in our Employment Team
Jack is a Senior Associate in our Employment Team
Vicki is an Associate in our Employment Team
Amy is a Solicitor in our Employment Team
Kurt is a Solicitor in our Employment Team
Victoria is a Trainee Solicitor in our Employment Team
Meghan is a Senior Legal PA in our Employment Team
Contact Myerson Solicitors
Latest Myerson Employment Law News
The Government recently published its response to a consultation that sought to address issues with the current laws around working time, holidays, and TUPE. As part of that, the Government has published draft regulations called the Employment...Read Blog
The Workers (Predictable Terms and Conditions) Bill received Royal Assent on 18 September 2023, becoming the Workers (Predictable Terms and Conditions) Act 2023. For more information on the Bill's proposals, please see our previous blog here on...Read Blog
The Myerson Employment Team bring you their Top Employment Law Updates You Must Know. Our expert Employment Team guide you through the latest developments in the world of employment law. The topics for this seminar include: AI and employment law...Watch Webinar
Technology created the gig economy and, as a sector, was an early adopter of using self-employed staff to add important skill sets to their businesses. Walk through any UK city, and you will see self-employed Uber drivers ferrying passengers back...Read Blog
New announcements by the Labour Party have revealed that should the party win the next general election in 2024, employers can expect significant changes to employment laws and employee rights. The Labour Party has committed to implementing an...Read Blog