Business Acquisition Finance
The acquisition and leveraged finance lawyers in our Banking Team have extensive experience advising on corporate acquisition finance, enabling the delivery of funds to our clients in a difficult credit environment.
Corporate or business finance is often utilised to enable corporate acquisitions, which could be an MBO, a buy-and-build strategy, a secondary buyout or a number of other structures. This is often used as an alternative to equity financing, with the acquisition funded by debt (or partially funded by debt with equity alongside it), which may be secured against the borrower, the target and its wider group.
Business acquisitions often require the creation of a group structure or a restructure of an existing group structure to enable the acquisition to occur and to accommodate the acquisition finance (either as debt, equity or both). This sometimes necessitates consideration of regulatory frameworks related to acquisition finance.
Our Banking Team represent both borrowers and lenders, from start-ups to multi-nationals, banks, venture capital and private equity funds. Our team assist with initial structuring and term sheet negotiation, negotiation of facility agreements and associated security, corporate structuring and restructuring through to completion. Our Banking Team also work closely with our Insolvency & Restructuring Team to provide bespoke debt finance solutions.
Our Business Acquisition experience
We have extensive experience in corporate acquisition finance, including:
- leveraged buyouts
- corporate-led acquisitions
- private equity and venture capital funding
- mezzanine financing
- revolving credit facilities
- bridging loans
Some of our recent experience includes:
- Management Buyout - As part of a £33 million management buy-out deal, we advised on funding arrangements to facilitate an upstream loan to the Newco purchaser to fund the acquisition, which required the production and negotiation of complex security documentation, loan notes and intercreditor arrangements.
- Retail buy and build funding - Myerson advised a large retail group specialising in both B2B and B2C offerings in connection with various corporate acquisitions, as well as investment by a global private equity firm. The transactions have been financed by debt finance from a regional debt fund alongside private equity.
- Management Buyout - Myerson acted for multiple individuals in relation to the MBO of a Northwest based company which included advising on the related banking and security arrangements relating to the rollover of an existing revolving credit facility, intercreditor arrangements and the accession to security of a newco acquisition vehicle.
Why Work With Myerson?
- Our firm comprises 29 partners and over 140 staff who are proud to have been recommended as ‘Top Tier’ by the independent directory of UK law firms, The Legal 500, which says: "Myerson are a big firm without being a big firm. Still have that personal touch, but with extensive knowledge of almost all sectors. My go-to firm for most things now."
- We are also praised for our ‘fantastic speed of response and constructive, helpful and pragmatic advice delivered by a team that clearly knows its stuff’.
- We were also proud to have been acknowledged as one of The Times Best Law Firms in both 2019 and 2022, being one of 200 firms nationally to be recognised by The Times for the quality of their legal services, placing us alongside a raft of Magic Circle, national and international law firms.
- Core members of our banking team are drawn from our Corporate and Real Estate teams, both of whom were awarded “Team of the Year” at the Manchester Legal Awards in 2021.
- Take a look at the Myerson Promise for further benefits of working with us here.
Meet Our Banking Solicitors
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or City firms. Our corporate solicitors are experts in their fields and respected by their peers.
Mohammed Akeel Latif
Akeel is a Partner and Head of the Corporate Team
Chris is a Partner in our Corporate and Commercial Teams
Scott is a Partner in our Corporate Team
Joanne is a Partner and Head of our Commercial Property Team
Sarah is a Senior Associate in our Commercial Property Team
Ryan is a Senior Associate in our Corporate Team
Contact Myerson Solicitors
Latest Myerson News and Insights
Keep up-to-date with the latest legal news and our expert opinion.