Our Transfer of Property Service
Our specialist residential property solicitors work closely with the other personal law teams within Myerson to ensure that you receive all necessary advice and a complete service.
We are able to prepare transfers of property following settlements on divorce or separation, which often have to be completed within fixed timescales.
On all transfers, we will deal with their registration at the Land Registry and filing of any required returns in relation to Stamp Duty Land Tax or, if in Wales, Land Transaction Tax.
If you are considering gifting a property then you should first speak with our private client department who will be able to advise you on the all effects of such transfer with particular reference to the tax liability, for both you and the recipient, now or in the future.
We have considerable experience in drafting transfers where an additional party is being added to a property title, ensuring that everybody's interests are protected. We may in certain circumstances recommend that you also enter into a declaration of trust or also that you should prepare or review your will.
Our Transfer of Property Experience
Work with us and your dedicated solicitor will provide updates keeping you appraised of progress with your transfer. With access to expert advice from solicitors within the other Personal Service/Wealth departments at Myerson you can be certain that the advice you are provided with is exceptional and complete.
You could use a cheap, call centre style conveyancing service, but they may fail to inform you of many of the wider implications of a transfer of property.
Examples of our work
- Transfers of land to divide a property title between existing co-owning parties.
- Transfers of land and property following the settlement of a large deceased estate dispute.
- Transfer of property to reflect the provisions of a financial order following divorce.
- Transfers of residential property into trusts created by
- Transfers of property to beneficiaries following the vesting in them absolutely in accordance with the terms of will trusts.
Why Work With Our Residential Property Team?
- We have been ranked as a Top Tier law firm by the Legal 500 for the last seven years.
- You will have access to more than 30 property experts across the Myerson Property Group, including residential property, property litigation, construction, commercial property, conveyancing and development.
- You will receive city-quality residential property legal advice at regional prices.
- We provide a partner-led service to ensure you receive the very best legal advice and commercially minded support.
- We have a large team which can meet your deadlines.
- We understand that each transaction is bespoke to your circumstances and that you need support from a conveyancing lawyer who is experienced in dealing with a wide variety of clients and types of work.
- We are a full-service law firm operating from a one-site office, which means our property teams communicate effectively and efficiently.
- We use the latest technology to ensure that we are working as efficiently as possible, and that geographical distance is no bar to us from providing excellent client service.
Meet Our Residential Property Solicitors
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or city firms. Our residential conveyancing solicitors are primed to provide a stress-free premium service, whilst solving your residential property matter.
Heather is a Partner and Head of our Residential Property Team
Carly is a Senior Associate in our Residential Property Team
Annie is an Associate in our Residential Property Team
Olivia is an Associate in our Residential Property Team
Lisa is a Paralegal within our Residential Property Team
Laura is a Solicitor in the Residential Property team.
Holly is a Paralegal within the Residential Property Team
Josie is a Legal PA in our Residential Property Team
Contact Myerson Solicitors
Latest Myerson Residential Property News
For many landlords, purchasing a property with tenants in situ is attractive. This is because, once the transaction has been completed, they will take over the existing tenancy. According to the House Buyer’s Bureau, there were 12,518 properties...Read Blog
Often, when buying land or residential buildings that were or currently are in agricultural use , there are further issues that your solicitor will consider in the course of the conveyancing procedure above and beyond a normal house or flat. If you...Read Blog