Our International Services
We are retained by businesses and individuals from across the EU and beyond and we are regularly instructed to pursue businesses and individuals that are located in other jurisdictions.
We are members of the International Law and Accounting Group, MSI Global which allows us to call upon assistance from highly regarded and respected lawyers in over 100 jurisdictions.
We are able to advise swiftly as to the best jurisdiction for you to bring your claim and thereafter to enforce a judgement. We are experts in the field of recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments, both in terms of enforcing foreign judgements in the courts in this country and registering and enforcing an English judgment in foreign jurisdictions.
Our Experience with International Arbitration
We have experience of international arbitration and can work with lawyers in other jurisdictions to achieve early settlement of litigation.
Our experience includes:
- Successfully bringing a claim on behalf of a high tech manufacturing business based in England against an oil expiration company based in Romania on the Black Sea coast. Attending round the table settlement discussions in Constanta and Bucharest, Romania and recovering payment in excess of $1.1M US dollars.
- Acting on behalf of an English agent against a large American manufacturer, based in San Diego, California. Obtaining judgement in the United Kingdom and recovering payment from California.
- Acting on behalf of a French manufacturer of emergency nuclear fallout shelters and disaster relief equipment (whose customers include governments and NGO’s internationally) against an English distributor for a significant sum.
- Defending a claim brought by an Icelandic bank against an entrepreneur based in Barbados in relation to a $26M development in Barbardos.
- Commercial agency claims against principals and manufacturers in Belgium, Ireland, Spain, Italy, the Czech Republic, France, Germany and the United States.
Why Work With Our Dispute Resolution Team
- For the past seven years, the Legal 500 has rated us as a Top Tier legal firm.
- You will get access to more than 9 dispute resolution professionals from the Myerson Dispute Resolution Group, who will assist you with , shareholder, and partnership disputes, professional negligence, commercial agency and more
- You will obtain city-quality dispute resolution legal help at regional pricing.
- We offer a partner-led service to make sure you get the greatest legal counsel and support with a focus on business.
- Our large and experienced team can work quickly to fulfil your deadlines.
- We recognise that each transaction is unique to your specific circumstances and that you require the assistance of a dispute resolution solicitor who has dealt with a wide range of clients and types of work.
- We are a full-service law company with a single location, which ensures our employees interact effectively and efficiently.
- We employ the most recent technology to make sure that we are operating as effectively as possible and that a client's location is not a barrier to us providing outstanding customer service.
- All of our clients receive free newsletters and webinars that keep them informed about dispute resolution legal developments. View our most recent webinar on dispute resolution updates here.
- Check out the Myerson Promise for more information on the benefits of working with us.
Our Dispute Resolution Solicitors are happy to discuss your situation in a no-obligation and free consultation by telephone.
We also offer different funding arrangements to suit your individual needs. Conditional fee agreements or “No win, no fee” arrangements may be available, as may insurance policies or third-party funding.
At Myerson, our litigation funding team will provide guidance in handling the financial risk that comes with litigation and directing any of those costs off your credit sheet.
We understand the costs that come with litigation, which is why we act with integrity. We will only provide funding as an option if it is in your best interests. We can advise you on whether your claim is suitable for litigation funding.
Find out more about the different litigation funding options that may be available to you.
Meet Our Specialists
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or City firms. Our specialists are experts in their fields and respected by their peers.
Adam is a Partner and Head of our Dispute Resolution Team
Sven is a Partner in our Dispute Resolution Team
Suzanne is a Partner in our Dispute Resolution Team
Lianne is a Senior Associate in our Dispute Resolution Team
Robert is a Senior Associate in our Dispute Resolution Team
Contact Myerson Solicitors
Latest Myerson Dispute Resolution News
In our previous blog , we provided a summary of enforcement options once a judgment is obtained from the court. In our next series of business debt recovery blogs, our dispute resolution solicitors will provide more information about these...Read Blog
The Commercial Agents (Council Directive) Regulations 1993 have provided agents with significant protection since their establishment. On termination of an agency agreement, principals are often required to pay significant termination payments by...Read Blog
Succession planning is a crucial aspect of managing a limited company. It involves carefully considering the future of the business and the ownership structure in case of unforeseen events, such as the death or departure of a shareholder. In this...Read Blog
Operating a business can be stressful, and it is not uncommon for shareholder disagreements to arise. This can often lead to situations where shareholders feel the company is not being operated in a fair way, such that it has an adverse impact on...Read Blog
Most civil claims valued up to £100,000 issued on or after 1st October 2023 will be subject to a new fixed recoverable costs (FRC) system. Under the new rules, cases valued up to £25,000 will be allocated to the fast track, and less complex cases...Read Blog
If Court proceedings are issued to recover a business debt owed, the Defendant can defend the Court proceedings. The Defendant has 14 days from when the Court proceedings are served on it to notify the Court whether the Court proceedings will be...Read Blog