Our Private Mortgages Service
At Myerson, we are highly experienced in acting for private individuals or companies in connection with the loan of money to third parties.
We act for private individuals or companies who are lending money, commonly to individuals they know personally, to assist them with the purchase of property.
You may have a very good relationship with the party you intend to loan money to, however, you must ensure that your money is secure and will be returned to you at an agreed point in the future.
Our commercial department has solicitors experienced in the preparation of loan agreements which provide for payment of interest, along with the capital sum or also on an interest-free basis. A loan agreement on its own will not secure the return of the money you have loaned, and this should be prepared alongside a private charge (mortgage) which our knowledgeable residential solicitors will prepare.
The private charge should be secured over the borrower’s property to protect your investment for the future. It is important that the title to the borrower's property is checked thoroughly to ensure that it does provide good security for the loan you are providing and our specialist team have years of experience in matters such as these.
Our Private Mortgages and Loans Approach
Our solicitors are able to provide you with a personal prestige service which many call centre style conveyancers would be unable to offer.
Our close-knit residential property solicitors will personally guide you every step of the way, making what could be a complex transaction clear and providing proactive updates as we move your case forward.
Examples of recent cases
- A loan from an investor client to a private individual for to him to purchase and redevelop the property, securing the return of the investment on the resale.
- A loan between friends to assist with a purchase to ensure that all parties were clear on the repayment terms, the loan was then secured against the property purchased.
Why Work With Our Residential Property Team?
- We have been ranked as a Top Tier law firm by the Legal 500 for the last seven years.
- You will have access to more than 30 property experts across the Myerson Property Group, including residential property, property litigation, construction, commercial property, conveyancing and development.
- You will receive city-quality residential property legal advice at regional prices.
- We provide a partner-led service to ensure you receive the very best legal advice and commercially minded support.
- We have a large team which can meet your deadlines.
- We understand that each transaction is bespoke to your circumstances and that you need support from a conveyancing lawyer who is experienced in dealing with a wide variety of clients and types of work.
- We are a full-service law firm operating from a one-site office, which means our property teams communicate effectively and efficiently.
- We use the latest technology to ensure that we are working as efficiently as possible, and that geographical distance is no bar to us from providing excellent client service.
Meet Our Residential Property Solicitors
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or city firms. Our residential conveyancing solicitors are primed to provide a stress-free premium service, whilst solving your residential property matter.
Heather is a Partner and Head of our Residential Property Team
Carly is a Senior Associate in our Residential Property Team
Annie is an Associate in our Residential Property Team
Olivia is an Associate in our Residential Property Team
Lisa is a Paralegal within our Residential Property Team
Laura is a Solicitor in the Residential Property team.
Holly is a Paralegal within the Residential Property Team
Josie is a Legal PA in our Residential Property Team
Take your first step towards settling your residential property matter. Complete the form below or call us on
Latest Myerson Residential Property News
For many landlords, purchasing a property with tenants in situ is attractive. This is because, once the transaction has been completed, they will take over the existing tenancy. According to the House Buyer’s Bureau, there were 12,518 properties...Read Blog
Often, when buying land or residential buildings that were or currently are in agricultural use , there are further issues that your solicitor will consider in the course of the conveyancing procedure above and beyond a normal house or flat. If you...Read Blog