Our Promotion Agreement Service
There is a whole industry of land promoters and strategic land companies whose business is to identify land that might be suitable for residential development at some point in the future.
These companies will look to get land owners to enter into a Promotion Agreement whereby the parties agree that the promoter will try to obtain planning permission at their cost for the proposed development and in return will receive a percentage of the eventual sale price when the land is sold to a developer/housebuilder.
With the Government focusing more and more on the country's housing shortage, developers and strategic land companies are on the lookout for land in areas where development is planned or there is future development potential.
Our commercial property solicitors are very experienced in acting for land owners whose land has been identified as having the potential for development at some point in the future and ensuring that they are protected from what are, usually, very sophisticated developers and strategic land companies.
We can work with the land owner’s own surveyors, or alternatively recommend an experienced surveyor, to ensure that the land owner achieves the best possible deal.
Myerson Property Portal
With the Myerson Property Portal, you gain a competitive edge in the rapidly evolving property landscape.
Our free portal will help you manage your properties with ease and efficiency by providing a seamless service wherever you are.
Not just a management tool, it's an essential companion for the modern investor seeking to optimise their portfolio while staying updated on the latest in the property world.
So, what are the benefits?
- Your own client area, giving you access to all your legal documents, conveniently accessible anytime, anywhere!
- Key legal information at your fingertips.
- Must read property news, blogs and videos.
- Access to free property events and training workshops.
- A comprehensive collection of helpful property documents and guides.
Why Work With Us?
- We have been ranked as a Top Tier law firm by the Legal 500 for the last seven years.
- Property investors and professionals can access our free and informative Property Portal.
- You will have access to more than 30 property experts across the Myerson Property Group, including commercial property, property litigation, construction, residential property conveyancing and development.
- You will receive city-quality commercial property legal advice at regional prices.
- We provide a partner-led service to ensure you receive the very best legal advice and commercially-minded support.
- We have a large team which is capable of meeting your deadlines.
- We understand that each transaction is bespoke to your individual circumstances and that you need support from a property lawyer who is experienced in dealing with a wide variety of clients and types of work.
- We are a full-service law firm operating from a one-site office, which means our teams communicate effectively and efficiently.
- We use the latest technology to ensure that we are working as efficiently as possible and that geographical distance is no bar to us from providing excellent client service.
- We were the winners of ‘Property Team of the Year 2021’ at the Manchester Legal Awards.
- We provide free newsletters and webinars to all our clients to keep you up to date with the real estate sector and changes in the law. Watch our latest property update webinar here.
- Take a look at the Myerson Promise for further benefits of working with us here.
Our Promotion Agreement Experience
Examples of our recent work include the following case examples:
- Promotion Agreement: Acting for landowners concerning a promotion agreement whereby their land was put through the planning process by the promoter and then sold on to a national housebuilder.
- Acting for landowners in relation to the sale of land to a housebuilder and including overage provisions to enable the landowner to share in any value created from the future development of the site.
- Acting for a developer in relation to the development of high-value apartments in a prestigious Cheshire location, including securing the site by way of a contract conditional upon planning and then the sale of the completed apartments to individual owner-occupiers.
Meet Our Commercial Property Solicitors
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or City firms. Our commercial property solicitors are experts in their fields and respected by their peers.
Richard is the firm's Chief Operating Officer
Joanne is a Partner and Head of our Commercial Property Team
Contact Myerson Solicitors
Latest Myerson Commercial Property News
Landlords and tenants often agree to “extend” or “add on” some additional floor space to an existing lease during the term of an existing lease. It is a common misconception that such changes might be achieved by varying the lease and documented in...Read Blog
Myerson Solicitors are proud to have supported the highly anticipated re-opening of the Stolen Lamb restaurant in the heart of Wilmslow. Myerson’s expert Real Estate team , le d by Associate Sarah McNair, supported client George Hadjiyiannis in...Read News
It’s tough for most town centres at the moment, and it’s certainly no picnic for the hospitality and leisure industry, either. A lot of effort is required just to keep the lights on and draw in shoppers and customers. Property owners need to be...Read News
It’s safe to say the hospitality sector has seen its fair share of stressors in the last three years, including high inflation rates, soaring interest rates, rising utility costs and an increase in the cost of raw materials, to name a few. The hike...Read Blog
We are delighted to announce our support for our client Linden Stores on the launch of their brand-new family-run restaurant, wine bar and shop coming to Knutsford. Our dedicated Real Estate team, led by Associate Sarah McNair, supported clients...Read News
Many landlords will consider asking the tenant of a hospitality lease to provide a guarantor on the grant of the new lease. Guarantors offer some security to landlords in the event that the tenant doesn’t comply with the terms of the lease. They...Read Blog