IT Dispute Resolution Solicitors
Technology and IT software is vital for business operations. With business needs and requirements constantly changing we have seen a rise in the number of agile software solutions being offered.
However, the increasing need for flexible solutions can lead to disputes between software providers and end-users.
Our specialist solicitors have a wealth of experience in dealing with IT disputes (acting for both software developers and those procuring IT infrastructure and services).
Our Commercial Litigation Team is ranked Tier 1 in the UK Legal 500. When disputes do happen, we act swiftly to assess our clients’ options and provide strategic commercial advice to meet objectives and resolve disputes.
Our IT Dispute Expertise
Disputes can arise at various stages – whether that’s during software development, implementation/deployment or as part of day to day operations and support of systems.
Myerson’s Commercial Litigation Team assists its clients on a wide range of IT disputes including:
- Dispute arising from a failure to deliver and / or implement software correctly and specific interpretation of contractual terms such as performance and payment terms;
- Breaches of service level agreements when providing, implementing or licensing software;
- Recovery of monies due under an IT software contract/licence agreement;
- Unauthorised use of software in breach of licensing terms including the unauthorised use by third parties;
- Disputes over ownership of software (source code and object code).
Our IT Disputes Experience
Recent examples of Myerson’s work in this area include:
- Acting for a company that had appointed a developer to develop bespoke online food ordering and table booking app in relation to breaches of the development agreement, potential infringement of IP rights and misuse of confidential information by the app developer;
- Representing a technology company and successfully defending a claim brought by a software developer in relation to the ownership of source code.
- Defending individuals in relation to a claim for breach of copyright in source code.
- Acting for a manufacturer of frozen foods, in a claim against one of its former employees in relation to misuse of confidential information and copyright and database right infringements.
If you need assistance on an IT dispute, then please get in touch with a member of our Commercial Litigation Team to arrange an initial consultation.
Why Work With Our Dispute Resolution Team
- For the past seven years, the Legal 500 has rated us as a Top Tier legal firm.
- You will get access to more than 9 dispute resolution professionals from the Myerson Dispute Resolution Group, who will assist you with , shareholder, and partnership disputes, professional negligence, commercial agency and more
- You will obtain city-quality dispute resolution legal help at regional pricing.
- We offer a partner-led service to make sure you get the greatest legal counsel and support with a focus on business.
- Our large and experienced team can work quickly to fulfil your deadlines.
- We recognise that each transaction is unique to your specific circumstances and that you require the assistance of a dispute resolution solicitor who has dealt with a wide range of clients and types of work.
- We are a full-service law company with a single location, which ensures our employees interact effectively and efficiently.
- We employ the most recent technology to make sure that we are operating as effectively as possible and that a client's location is not a barrier to us providing outstanding customer service.
- All of our clients receive free newsletters and webinars that keep them informed about dispute resolution legal developments. View our most recent webinar on dispute resolution updates here.
- Check out the Myerson Promise for more information on the benefits of working with us.
Our Dispute Resolution Solicitors are happy to discuss your situation in a no-obligation and free consultation by telephone.
We also offer different funding arrangements to suit your individual needs. Conditional fee agreements or “No win, no fee” arrangements may be available, as may insurance policies or third-party funding.
At Myerson, our litigation funding team will provide guidance in handling the financial risk that comes with litigation and directing any of those costs off your credit sheet.
We understand the costs that come with litigation, which is why we act with integrity. We will only provide funding as an option if it is in your best interests. We can advise you on whether your claim is suitable for litigation funding.
Find out more about the different litigation funding options that may be available to you.
Meet Our Specialists
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or City firms. Our specialists are experts in their fields and respected by their peers.
Robert is a Senior Associate in our Dispute Resolution Team
Jack is an Associate in our Dispute Resolution Team
Book your consultation using the below enquiry form. Alternatively, you can call us on
Latest Myerson Dispute Resolution News
The Commercial Agents (Council Directive) Regulations 1993 have provided agents with significant protection since their establishment. On termination of an agency agreement, principals are often required to pay significant termination payments by...Read Blog
Succession planning is a crucial aspect of managing a limited company. It involves carefully considering the future of the business and the ownership structure in case of unforeseen events, such as the death or departure of a shareholder. In this...Read Blog
Operating a business can be stressful, and it is not uncommon for shareholder disagreements to arise. This can often lead to situations where shareholders feel the company is not being operated in a fair way, such that it has an adverse impact on...Read Blog
Most civil claims valued up to £100,000 issued on or after 1st October 2023 will be subject to a new fixed recoverable costs (FRC) system. Under the new rules, cases valued up to £25,000 will be allocated to the fast track, and less complex cases...Read Blog
If Court proceedings are issued to recover a business debt owed, the Defendant can defend the Court proceedings. The Defendant has 14 days from when the Court proceedings are served on it to notify the Court whether the Court proceedings will be...Read Blog
Professional negligence may occur when a professional acting for you does something wrong, which results in you suffering financial loss. The type of professional you can bring a claim against is someone you have paid to provide an expert service...Read Blog