At Myerson, we understand the importance of reputation management whether you are a private individual, company or other organisation.
We have a team of experienced lawyers who can take urgent, decisive steps to protect your reputation from defamation.
We offer expert advice on:
- Defamation for claimants and defendants
- Malicious falsehood claims
- Breach of confidence
- Misuse of private information
- Infringement of intellectual property rights
We recognise the significant role that social media plays in business and digital marketing. For example, many businesses choose to promote their services on customer review websites encouraging bespoke feedback and shared experiences from customers. Whilst social media is a powerful online marketing tool it can be used as a platform for damaging and malicious content to be posted for the entire world to see.
Our lawyers react quickly to intervene where a client’s reputation is at risk. Such action taken by us will normally include writing to the author(s) of the publication complained of and requiring the immediate and permanent take-down of the defamatory material and an express assurance from the author(s) not to upload or post any further defamatory material.
If necessary, we can seek injunctive relief from the courts to mitigate the impact of defamation and to seek damages and costs where appropriate.
Recent examples of defamation cases we have been involved in include:
- Representing a tech entrepreneur in defending allegations of defamatory posts which he published on various social media platforms.
- Securing the takedown of defamatory material posted about a business on a popular review website by a disgruntled customer.
- Acting for a skincare company in defamation proceedings which are being brought against another beauty company in relation to untrue allegations made on Instagram.