Disagreements Relating To Children

2 minutes reading time

Disagreeing on Issues Relating to Children

We have made a short video guide that considers your options if are unable to reach an agreement with your former partner about issues concerning your children. Common areas of dispute include relocation within the UK or abroad, changing a child’s surname or what school a child should attend.

Sarah Whitelegge, a Senior Associate in the Family department sets out how you can try to resolve matters with the other parent and the types of orders available if an agreement is not possible.

Areas Covered 

The guide discusses parental responsibility and the options available to separated parents trying to resolve disputes including mediation.

Sarah explains the types of orders available when agreement cannot be reached and discusses prohibited steps order and specific issue orders.

Points discussed in the video guide:

  • What can we do if we disagree on fundamental issues?
  • What court orders can I apply for?
  • What will the court consider?

We are here to help

Our specialist family lawyers can support and advise you as to your practical and legal options. If you have any questions regarding children matters or if you would like further information on how we can help, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Family team on 0161 941 4000 or via email