All websites need to include certain terms and conditions to make sure that the site is legally compliant to minimise potential liability to third parties and to protect the intellectual property on the site. If the website is to be used to provide goods or services then the site will also need terms dealing specifically with the supply of goods and/or services.
The key concerns of website owners and operators include:
- protecting the content of the website from other people copying it or using it for unauthorised purposes;
- managing liability in relation to content displayed on the website;
- monitoring and controlling any interactive functions of the website and content that can be uploaded by third parties;
- establishing clear boundaries on what visitors to the website are permitted to do; and
- ensuring compliance with data protection legislation.
Most websites will also require:
- Cookies Policy – which clearly identifies what cookies are used on the site, for what purpose and how long they last.
We can draft these terms and policies specifically tailored to your website and how it operates.
Recent examples of our work include:
- drafting website terms and conditions of use, terms and conditions for the supply of perishable goods on a subscription model basis, cookies policy and privacy notice for a supplier of recipe box goods and services; and
Our ethos is to provide our clients with an alternative to the major regional and national firms by offering high quality legal advice from highly experienced, specialist solicitors, but on a much more cost-effective basis.
We work closely with our clients to ensure that we meet their expectations both in terms of their objectives for a particular piece of work and in relation to costs. We are easy to deal with, clear in our advice and understand that a common sense approach is often required.
As standard practice, we give our clients an estimate of the costs involved in undertaking any piece of work at the outset. We can then provide costs updates on a regular basis. In addition, where appropriate, we are happy to discuss other pricing models (for example, fixed fees and retainer arrangements) if that is helpful to you.
Our team of Commercial Solicitors are ranked Top Tier - Tier 1 by the independent Legal 500 directory. In addition, Partners in our team are recommended by the Legal 500. Therefore, you can be reassured that you will deal with some of the best Commercial Solicitors and IT Solicitors in the country.
Our team are happy to discuss your situation in a no-obligation telephone call to assess your claim, give preliminary advice and suggest a way forward.
Meet Our Specialists
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or City firms. Our specialists are experts in their fields and respected by their peers.
Mohammed Akeel Latif
Akeel is a Partner and Head of the Corporate Commercial Team at Myerson
Scott is a Partner in our Corporate and Commercial Team
Carla is a Partner and Head of our Commercial Team
Terry is a Senior Associate in our Corporate Commercial Team. Terry is also the Head of the Brexit Team at Myerson.
Richard is Senior Associate in our Corporate Commercial Team
Joanna is a Solicitor in our Corporate Commercial Team
Latest News and Insights
Keep up-to-date with the latest legal news and our expert opinion.